Seems strange to turn to an internet forum but

ollie_ty

Oh the day when I was 19 and jealousy raged through my blood like a badger on crack.

I have been with my wife for over 8 years and married for 5 of those years, and I came to the realization at some point before we were married, that I do not own her and she does not own me. I realized that I cant be around 24/7 and I have to work sometime, and no matter how hard I try, she can still do whatever she wants, I have to go to work sometime. The harder you try to prevent something from happening, the more you are likely to push her in the other direction. If my wife decides to stray that is her decision and there is nothign I can really do about it, and it will all come out in the wash eventually.

The truth is no matter what advice you get on here, you will still go and do whatever it is you feel like doing, that is because you are 19 and you think you know everything. This is not a flame, as anyone else on here who was once 19 would surely agree with me. You can't help it, it is not a character flaw, it is part of growing up.

It is not acceptable for you to ask her not to hang out with a guy friend who was there way before you were in the picture. And it is not acceptable to snoop through her Facebook page, because you are suspicious, although I completely understand the incontrollable urge to do so. If the girl is cheating on you then get rid of her, and if she is not and you are snooping through her stuff she should be getting rid of you.

Good Luck, everything will work out the way it is supposed to and you will be a better person from whatever happens. If you do something wrong, you will learn not to do it again. If she screws you over, you will how to handle those situations in the future.

Remember "Love is finding a giant mess and spending the rest of your life trying to clean it up"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived