Got my WE Baby Hi-Capa today...have some questions

armada741

hey guys ,got my baby hi-capa today. I ordered it from kapowwe.com. i ordered the one with the Ribbed slide but they sent me a regular one...im keeping it. so anyway the slide really rattles and the outer barell keeps ratteling....it's REALLY annoying, makes me feel like i have a Pos in my hand lol....anyone have a fix or is this "normal" for a WE???

Go and get the one you ordered.

Kapowwe is a very...shady company and some people have said they received used guns from them.

If you paid for the ribbed slide, they should send you the ribbed slide version. They sent you a shuddy externally broken gun.

Yeah Im with bbond, send the gun back and get the one you payed for.

Go and get the one you ordered.

Kapowwe is a very...shady company and some people have said they received used guns from them.

If you paid for the ribbed slide, they should send you the ribbed slide version. They sent you a shuddy externally broken gun.

I called them and some kid picked up an kept me on hold for 7 mins and i hung up....i inspected the gun in and out...field stripped it and checked the parts for wear and tear,they seem brand new...I wanted the ribbed slide but this one seems ok too....i guess if you want a WE you get the rattle along with it. their is no price difference. i just don't wanna go through the hassle of sending it back and getting another one...im gonna call them tomorrow and complain but what can i add to the gun to make it shoot harder? i was think a 150% recoil spring and hi flow valve.

EDIT: i wont be ordering from kapowwe again tho. I was suppose to recieve the gun on the 7th but when i called kapowwe the kid said they didn't have the ribbed one in stock and asked me if i wanted a refund. i said no ill wait another day for it to come. i call the next day the kid tells me that they sent it out 2 days ago and ups missed a scan. i got the gun today and it's a simple slide...it shoots great and their is no price difference so im keeping it but im not ordering anything off kapowwe again.

here's a pic of what i got....anything seem odd??

yea thats the ribbed.....for some reason my pics not showing up :(

doesn't seem like you've included the pic url at all.

I already have a WE 1911 Officer which I bought less than a month ago and it does rattle a teeny weeny little bit, but nothing major and certainly doesn't feel cheap.

Keep in mind that WE has poor quality control over their pistols at best. Some may have little wobble, some may sound like egg shakers. Some may only seem like the slide to frame engagement is tight but only because the paint on the parts were layered thick and would eventually wear down. Whatever the reason, I doubt the difference in accuracy would hurt you much since short barreled handguns aren't exactly made for precision work in the first place.

Just so you know, some 1911's, especially the older ones, used to rattle like baby toys. Accuracy suffered, but because the gun had loose tolerances, was more reliable and less prone to malfunctions due to stuff like dirt, mud, water, etc. You could always look at it as an added realism.

I had a WE baby myself and the wobble and rattle is sadly just the way it is.

My socom gear meu has a lot of play as well.

But keep in mind what ruchik said, I know some guys who really like the WE guns because even if they're really dirty, they still do their job.

thanx for the reply's :D i went to the WEairsoft website and tracked down what model my gun is. it's a WE 1938B. I like the gun it's nice in weight and shoots really hard,And yes it does look more realistic then the ribbed slide model...Idk what they're doing at kapowwe no one is picking up the phone. I tried like 10 times...BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE :angry:

Well it is finally here.

Interestingly, I have 2 WE 1911s in front of me that are the same length and are compatible with each other, one being the 1911 Officer the other being the baby hi-capa 3.8. The 1911 officer does seem to rattle a lot les than the baby hi-capa. I swapped the slides (they both work with the slides swapped) and the 1911 officer slide has very little rattle on the hi-capa lower, while the hi-capa slide rattles more on the 1911 officer lower.

Conclusion is that the tolerances on the hi-capa are just a bit bigger. I tried swapping the outer barrels too, and it did seem to reduce the rattle slightly on the hi-capa but increase it slightly on the 1911 officer.

between the 2 I'd say the 1911 officer seems like a newer, refined version of the same basic formula. The hi-capa does have more kick to it though. Both are full metal guns.

Archived