Front body pin causing misfiring?

nodaisho

I'm looking at a used G&G M16, the seller is asking $105 for it and has upgraded the hop-up, due to it having misfiring problems. He says that it is because of a cracked front body pin, which seems to me like an easy to replace part. 105 USD is an extremely good deal, considering that new it sells for 260, has an upgraded hop-up, an M4 stock like I wanted to install (although I want to get an OD one instead of black), and a new OD handguard like I wanted to add if I got an m16 (basically, a C7-ish thing). Of course, if the thing is going to continue to misfire and be a money drain, it isn't such a good deal. It seems almost too good to be true, a metal body G&G M16 for $105. Then again, I haven't paid too much attention to used gun prices. It is 2000 rounds in, except for the hop-up, which is 1000 in. If I decide to look closer, I'll ask what model year it is, and what brands everything is, so I don't end up getting POS parts when I expect an upgrade.

So, what I'm wondering is if a cracked front body pin on a G&G M16 could cause the gun to misfire. If so, are the pins proprietary, or could I buy a replacement pin and just install it? Heck, could I solder the pin, or is it made of a non-solderable material?

Sorry if this belongs in a different section, seemed like a new player's question to me. I've been interested in airsoft since '06, but money is a fickle thing, and I've never gotten a good opportunity to get into the sport. If this thing is going to work, it seems like a good deal to snag even if I need to wait longer to get some magazines and gear.

Is it really the pin that's cracked? They are most often steel even in Marui guns. The pin itself is very unlikely to break, considering that it's surrounded by far more fragile material (plastic or die-cast metal).

Cheers,

Sale

Is it really the pin that's cracked? They are most often steel even in Marui guns. The pin itself is very unlikely to break, considering that it's surrounded by far more fragile material (plastic or die-cast metal).

Cheers,

Sale

I was thinking this exact same thing.. the pins are 9 times out of 10, steel, or some-sort of steel derivative.. i've never seen potmetal ones, especially on G&G's.

Get a good look at the receiver, it could very well be the bit thats actually broken, and not the pin. Sometimes when they cast receiver's they can get air bubbles in the castings that get past QC.. could lead to a catastrophic breakage

Archived