ICS Factory?

jond36

I have long since given up on ICS MP5s and Armalites since I have not seen one that hasn't required a lot of work although I have seen quite a few ICS AKs etc (later units) that shot really well.

The MP5 bodies are simply the worst metal body I have ever experienced to the point where by old basement had quite a collection of them.

I often replaced the ICS metal with TM plastic as it was stronger :P

It sounds like a battery problem. I have a few batteries that will turn over gun A, but won't budge gun B.

Why not find someone at a game who's got a solid battery with a bit more juice and try plugging it in?

Its a brand new battery, and in the AEX shop we cranked up to 15 volts and it still won't unlock.

I was looking for a way to send my ICS M4 back to the factory. I asked on the forum here about fixing it, and asked AEX to look at it and they don't work on them. After replacing several new parts I got tired of it so I got get back to the factory.

Anyone know how to get in touch? Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried contacting TeamSD? http://www.airsoftsd.com/

They are ICS authorized distributor in US and they should have some way to fix the the gun or point you to the right direction.

Good luck.

You've kind of stumbled across one of the ugly unsaid rules of this. The folks that build the gear don't intentionally make junk, but they also do wash their hands of it after it leaves their doors.

The factories expect the folks who retailed it to also take care of any faults. That retailer wants to keep you on his books so you're buying more gear and accessories from them. The shop who sold it didn't just flip it to you without any profit so ideally they should do more than just shrug and walk away.

When this does happen or if you're bought by mail order and can't economically return to the source you'll have to dig in around the local scene and find a gun doc. AEGs are not rocket science so there should be someone close at hand.

Problems are the rule, not the exception so it's a common thing for the average player to start to tear down and rebuild their gear. When you do look for a doc you want avoid the folks who've watched a few videos on mechbox.com and are eager to treat your gear as a learning experience and find someone local with a established rep.

So all who where interested, I got my gun back repaired. Apparently the new motor lost all its magnetism <_< and the upper had issues like you guys said. It just would not seat right. The seal was bad on it as well.

Team SD was great. They are located in L.A. County, CA and repaired my gun in one day. The tech put a brand new motor in and repaired the upper, but because it was not under warrenty it cost $30. (+12.00 flat rate shipping)

Was it worth hunting down the Factory/Distributors? You bet! I can't find a new Turbo 3000 motor for $30 let alone have it done for me. Highly recommend for ICS repairs. Thanks again.

edi: some spelling

Archived