Fitting A Pro Arms Glock frame

Brandon Grave

I bought a Pro Arms from Dentrinity Shop for my g18c. I was able to install the trigger and hammer assembly with no problems at all. However, the spring rod for mag release button was a pain; I still dont have it in there snug enough to provide a responsive mag release.

Has anyone ever used a hand drill to make a hole for it(the mag release spring rod)? I am not familiar with a bit that small in diameter and that long....

Secondly, the magazine well is too tight. I assume I would have to buff it slightly, but i dont want to remove too much material.

Has anyone ever fitted one of these frames? I love its texture and of course I paid for it! LOL

I guess is was a slight waste since the right side trades are not the authentic "Austria" trades. Its just so much fresher than my other two G frames. Anyway, Thank You for the reply. I will definitely invest in a precision hand drill because this isn't the first time i have needed to ream something to a larger diameter. As far as the mag well being a little snug, it may get better with time.

Has anyone ever had problems with a 50 round releasing gas when inserted? I replaced the valve striker on my g18c with a shooter design steel striker. The short mags have no issues, just the longer one. Also I forgot to check the mag before i upgrade.

The drill is not really necessary. Heat the mag catch spring rod over a candle until it is hot enough to melt plastic, then insert it into the pre drilled hole in the pro arms frame at the correct angle and to the correct depth then let it cool in place. It needs to be at the correct height and angle, otherwise the mag release will not seat or function properly.

If the mag drops free without the mag release in place, the mag release path is too tight and needs to be filed.

Lastly, replace your outlet valve in the long mag and it should work fine.

That's quite coincidental, I had the idea (and tried it), but I used a large safety pin. I don't have a steady hand at certain times, so I hope I didn't mess it up. I think I bent the rod trying to drive it in with a brass punch, anyway. I will get a new part from the kwaproshop and try my hand again. (Maybe after midterms, though)

I have another valve for ksc mags, so I will try that. Would the tension spring inside the valve have gone bad? I figure that the pressure of the gas would have been enough to hold it closed, but I don't know

Archived