An Authentic US Army Ranger Look

Jules

I've decided on going for a US Army Ranger loadout, and I was wondering if anyone had a list of issued equipment or any good resources that I could use to create an authentic look. I've already purchased a set of woodland BDUs and a matching boonie hat..and that's about it. I know i'm going to need a Guarder Interceptor vest, and some sort of MOLLE rig, but i'm not sure exactly what. Thanks for any help :)

I think that the Rangers use the M4, but I could be wrong. AFAIK they also use the R.A.C.K. system. http://secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/S0006.html that has been recomended to me by a couple of people, and they also sell mag pouches etc., at a good price (I think). I actually want to set up a Ranger theme too, but I have my hopes set on the M15A4, and I don't know if that is authentic.

If your looing to create an accurate impression I'd go check out the wannabe forums, you should find the guys over there are very helpful when it comes to gear.

Also, with regards to the vest, Joel, who owns the wannabe forums can get you some SPEAR Ranger armour, which is basically SPEAR BACLS body armour with horizontal MOLLE loops. Have a look here.

Hope this helps :)

I'd definately go to the Wannabe.uk.com forums - there's a guy on there, he's just signed up, but he's a genuine ex-Ranger. If you want info, I'd guess he's the best source of it!

The Rangers use the M4A1 RIS.

Most of the gear has been covered but I'll put up a list:

Tri-Colour or Woodland BDUs

MICH w/ AN/PVS 7/14 mount, helmet cover.

ESS NVG Profile Goggles.

SPEAR RBA w/ pouches - usually SDS.

Bijan or Alta pads.

Altama/Belleville/Danner Desert Boots.

That list isn't mutually exclusive, and I have probably left something out, but that would be a good start.

M4A1s are still made by Colt. The M16s have been underbid by FN though. It would be more helpful of what gear you want if you could find some pictures of rangers. I honestly don't notice all these third party 'high speed gear' that the geardos on the forum keep mentioning ;) , I always just see simple Interceptor vests...

Archived