Star SUSAT on L110A1

Panoptes

Or dremel down the rail on the tray? You won't get good results on a 249 anyway- the eye relief on the star susat is so small you might have to trim your eyelashes to see anything through it and the 249 rear sight will be in the way too. You'll be better off with an elcan or acog type sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah for some reason I've only just remembered I have a 19mm (removable) rail on my spare APS2 receiver. It also happens by pure chance that it's almost the perfect length. So I just unscrewed my rear sight on the non-railed cover and drilled a couple of holes in it and popped it right on. Might be worth having a quick hunt for one?

It doesn't look 100% like a SUSAT rail but it's pretty close and fits well.

I'll pop some pictures up later :)

Well, I got fed up searching so I decided to make my own rail. I secured a two-tone vanilla A&K feed cover for the job on which I'll finish removing the paint later.

The rail started its life as a long aluminium coat hook from B&Q which had cross-sectional dimensions of 5mmx20mm - almost that of the 19mm dovetail.

After cutting to size (just shorter than the SUSAT was all it would allow) I angled the edges with a metal file (took about an hour. :(). I then set about drilling various holes here and there for the screws (secured by nuts on the underside) and the securing plunger. Can you tell I'm no artisan with a drill? ;):P

As you can see, it's short, crude but very effective in holding the SUSAT on. Now I can move on to something else. :) Finished pics when able.

L110A1-Rail-b.jpg

L110A1-Rail-a.jpg

451439352.jpg

• 4 months later...

where you get the dpm mag cover? looked around only found the black or od ones

eBay! biggrin.gif

Final config prior to weathering...

L110A1-z.jpg

L110A1-y.jpg

L110A1-x.jpg

It was a bit of a hack n' slash job. Had to break-off the rivet caps then prize-off the cover intact. The 'rivet caps' you see here are plastic drawing pin heads with the pin broken off and epoxied on to the cover. The cover itself holds on quite firmly without the need to affix to the mag. smile.gif

I so hate that feeder tube though - spoils the whole thing.

Hmm... I must put that feeder clip on, too...

rolleyes.gif

Archived