This is a quick review of the dummy grenade. Pics will be up by monday.

A teaser pic:

2eeynti.png

Feel:

The madbull grenade has a dense foam body with an all metal action. The foam is not squishy, but when hit with it, it doesn't hurt that much. It feels nice in the hands and is the perfect size for gripping. Nice weight, too. The metal action is cold and strong.

93/100(The feel is overall very nice)

Quality:

The foam on the madbull grenade doesn't seem like it will rip off anytime soon, when i scratch it with my too-long fingernails, it won't do anything to the foam, although really hard scrapes might give it a mark. In the action, the main areas of interaction(hole for pin, spoon holder) are getting scratched up after around 50 run-throughs.

79/100(metal is scratched easily)

Performance:

Pulling the pin is a relatively smooth action and is pretty easy. The spoon will fly off, albeit not very far, but still it will fly off. When you toss it, it'll go straight until it hits the ground, in which the metal part will affect the way it bounces and rolls, so don't plan to do any off the wall or bounce here or there tricks.

71/100(once it bounces itll go off in a random direction.

Overall: 83/100 or 8/10

Pros:

it's fun to mess around with.

trick your friends with it.

full metal

high quality foam

cons:

Cant really expect where itll go once you throw it

metal gets scratched REALLY easy

foam might get hurt after a while

Bottomline: it's $16! It's decently cheap and if you want something to mess around with, or practice it's for you. also a good "throw in the room and watch them run away" type a thing.

I like it.

Edited by ACOG

i called it a Powdershot dummy. it's a dummy version of their powdershot. seeing as people cant seem to understand that, i changed it.

THIS IS WHAT I'M REVIEWING

THIS IS THE ONE THAT WORKS AND IM NOT REVIEWING IT. THE ONE IM REVEWING IS THE DUMMY VERSION OF IT.

Edited by ACOG

I had a go on one of these the other day. (The 'not dummy' version) :D

Complete waste of time, the random fuse as per gsg1 makes it unusable.

A real shame as this could have been a cheap, reusable banger, where noise limits apply.

Greg.

Edited by greg
  • 5 weeks later...
That's sad, I was thinking about getting it. so it's a no-go, then. I wonder if the party-popper version will be any better...

I emailed Madbull to inquire about when that version was to be released, and apparently it was canceled for safety reasons. I bought 4 of these in anticipation of buying the party popper inserts, but now it seems all we have is the powder shot inserts.

• 1 month later...