Issue with installing Magpul UBR for GBB use.

hitmanNo2

OK, so I have an ACM UBR stock and I cant seem to install it correctly.

I've screwed the buffer tube on and slid the upper part of the stock on and tightened the screw but it's loose and rotates a bit.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

I forgot to mention. The little screw that screws through the end of the upper part of the stock into into the buffer tube seems too short. It gets a tiny bit of resistance when tightening by hand then just comes loose. Has anyone had to replace this screw with a longer one.

And its just the upper part that rotates.

I will try and get some pictures up in a bit.

OK, I think I've worked out the problem. My rifle doesn't seem to have its stock ring on it and I cant seem to find it anywhere. So the little bit of the stock that sticks out has no recess to fit into therefore it can twist about. Does that seem like it could be the problem? The little screw at the end of the buffer tube is still an issue though.

• 2 weeks later...

I hace an ACM UBR and an ACM M4.

1º- The screw is too short, you need a new one (most IKEA screws are perfect :P)

2º- You don't need an end plate, you can not install the UBR whit an end plate

3º- Use some tool to tighten the buffer tube with strengh (http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=4090 this fits perfect). Then put the external tube of the UBR and screw it.

Mine have no wooble and fits perfect.

Thanks Devilhunter.

The buffer tube is tightened very tight so I think that bits OK. So when I screw the upper part of the stock onto the buffer tube that will stop the twisting? It twists about 4mm either side right now.

Archived