KSC USP .45 Japan Sys7 trigger is iffy

Cosmitz

Since i first fired the gun i've hated the trigger with extreme prejudice.The most pressing issue is the long pull and the 'dead-zone' at the end. So i can shoot a round, and then with my finger still holding the trigger, i can release/repush it a good half a trigger pull where it does nothing. I have to depress it more or less all the way to 'unlock it' an dbe able to get another shot. This is annoying when you're trying to do fast shots because you end up not releasing it enough to click and just 'firing blank while not exactly firing'.

Are there any solutions for solving this? Thanks.

Sounds like something in the trigger mechanism may have been duff from the start - Mine has a really crisp trigger pull, and quick double taps are easy. On mine, the trigger needs to be allowed to travel forward about 2mm to reset for the next shot. I'm guessing you've tried the good ol' clean and lube?

Ahhhh, i get you now - I thought you were having the problem in single action mode. Mine is the same on double action, and there is quite a big 'dead zone'... I've never really thought of it as a problem before, but i'm not really an expert on trigger mech's so i wouldn't wanna suggest anything that might end badly. As far as i know it's just down to the design of the USP.. Maybe an enhanced trigger spring? Other than that i can't really think what else to suggest.

Thats normal. If your gun is actually cycling, the first pull will be long(the normal mode of operation for a DA/SA trigger), and all the remaining shot til the slide locks back(or til you uncock the gun) will be in single action, short-pull, and lighter trigger. DA not only cocks the hammer, it also is supposed to act as a safety mechanism so that the chance for an accidental discharge is less. This is fairly common to all the DA/SA guns from M9/92FS, P226/Sig Pro...etc. In fact guns like the Sig/Sig Pros are completely devoid of external safety and their only safety is the extremely heavy DA pull....

If you don't like that kind of trigger, you have to go with Glock(safe action/single action), or a 1911/2011/Hi-Capa, which is single action only.

You are just experiencing the safest double action around, it takes a very long pull to cock and set the hammer down as it is a double action shot. There are quicker pulls, which ones like the Beretta can do or heavier ones like the Sig but it seems to make it safe H&K (and the copied design by KSC) the trigger pull is longer with that dead zone.

But yes if you are not comfortable then try the single action guns like 1911's which allow cocked and locked carry too.

The USP does allow cocked and locked carry but the safety i found a bit light on the KSC models.

'FireKnife'

Archived