Marui 226 Questions

Talonclaw117

Yer I kept it a basic answer but I found the same.

The upgraded hammer spring is fine to drop straight in, but the recoil spring may need some coils taking off, or just use the original but I find it jsut a little too weak if it's anything other than perfect conditions.

Hello.

Depends on what you want improved...accuracy, gas consumption, power, etc. You can probably add your metal kit with everything else stock.

It's a lot of experimenting to try and optimize all three, but it can be done. Also, I found that a stock Marui P226 performs exceptionally well. The only part that one would really need to change is the valve knocker. The stock one isn't the best. I personally feel there's really no sense on upgrading a Marui P226 to a metal kit unless you just want the look (I wanted a non-rail frame, which I think is only available after an upgrade). Three guys that did a LOT of work on the Marui P226 are Sale, Romulus, and Amateurstuntman. Do a search for "Marui P226" with these three posters and you can't go wrong.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Archived