MOLLE Belt

Cosmitz

Hey, i'm looking for a 2/3 rows of molle, full or as close to 360 degrees around the waist MOLLE real-estate, battle-belt. All the belts on the market have a wide gap at the buckle, which usually goes in the front, taking up space for mags and such.

I'm thinking of working with a light set of two stacked layers of 3 open-top mag holders (do the stanag ones hold AK mags aswell?), radio pouch, drop pouch, pistol molle holster, extra pistol mag and maybe a small utility kit.

Any suggestions? ;P

Thanks.

STANAG open toppers won't hold AK mags very well, since they're MUCH longer and a very different shape.

There's no reason to have a 360 MOLLE belt: if you go prone, you won't be able to get at it, at all.

If you crouch, it'll be digging into you, or sticking out at odd angles.

If you stand, it's an unnatural angle for a draw.

The MOLLE belts on the market have the gap for a reason. My belt can run 2x M4 triples, 1x Pistol mag triple, drop leg pistol, dumper, radio, with enough room for a couple of frags and a small, maybe medium GP pouch.

STANAG open toppers won't hold AK mags very well, since they're MUCH longer and a very different shape.

There's no reason to have a 360 MOLLE belt: if you go prone, you won't be able to get at it, at all.

If you crouch, it'll be digging into you, or sticking out at odd angles.

If you stand, it's an unnatural angle for a draw.

The MOLLE belts on the market have the gap for a reason. My belt can run 2x M4 triples, 1x Pistol mag triple, drop leg pistol, dumper, radio, with enough room for a couple of frags and a small, maybe medium GP pouch.

I thought as much about the opentops, but i just can't find a system that will hold both STANAGs and 7.62 AK mags well. From your belt description, i'm counting 25ish Molle columns (6x2+3+2+3+2+2+3)? The issue is most belts have between 16 and 20 columns max.

Condor Outdoors have battle belt "addon" that with a few mods could give you almost 360 molle.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/211battlebelt.aspx

"Addon" comes from that you need another belt, its one of those sleves you place over, but if your handy with a neelde you can probarbly fix some kind of buckle system in the front most "beltloops"/beltholders and as I said that would give you almost 360 molle. allthou there are a few caps around the belt to make it fit easier.

the belt it self is realy confy, I have one my self and I use the belt from my old 305 rigg. and it fits like a clove.

The reason why i'm a bit adamant about the 360 molle is because i have a small waist size, about 25 inches (65cm). Big belts with over 18 molle columns generally come down to 30-35 inch waists, while the normal ones under or around 16-18 pretty much work for me.

Here are a few options:

5.11 Tactical Molle Belt - No ideea on sizing and molle capacity.

Blackhawk Padded Patrol Belt - Same as above.

SORD Belt Pad Patrol Order - Seems great, but at 21 molle columns i'm quite betting it'll be to big for me.

Plat A Tac Modular Belt - Looks identical with the SORD, same issue.

Plat A Tac Straight Molle Belt - No ideea on sizing, but i think it might fit well.

Condor Battle Belt - This, with the addition of the sleeve that was mentioned might be a good ideea. Will check up sizing some more and see if their Small fits me.

Also, i know to add a few inches for clothing and the such, but even so, that'll take me to 27-28 inches waist, much less then the 30-40 most belts say they need.

Im a very skinny guy. Haven't measured my waist in a while but I am 180cm tal and about 65kg, så my waist isn't all that big either. The combatbelt I have is the medium one so it's M (40"), approx. waist size: 36 - 40 (taken from condors homepage).

So if you either have a short belt (allthou I should warn you, the combatbelt takes alot of length of the belt) so you fix the buckles just infront of the first beltholder on either side you should be good to go even with a small waist.

the 304k (I mixed up the numbers in my other post) looks like this

90081b0ec07c27a5ef9dc8d5324af714.jpg

And I have the buckles fixed to the first beltholder on each side. If you want I can fixa phote of my set up when I get home.

Archived