KSC System 7 M9 upgrade suggestions.

AG1212

Im getting a KSC M9 'hard-kick' ( system 7 ) and want to know what upgrades the lot of ye would recommend (if any).

For starters I was thinking of a metal outer barrel ( cant seem to find one), a harder recoil spring ( not really an upgrade), inner barrel, and maybe hop up? what else should I get?

As for the inner barrel, I was hoping of getting a TK barrel but I don't think there is one for the M9, oh and does System 7 GBBs use proprietary outer/inner barrels? And what hop ups are compatible with KSC GBBs?

Thanks for your help in advance.

No TK Twist barrels , KM TN 6.04 should be available for the M9 though.

Again, no aftermarket hopups for the KSC's exist (that I'm aware of). If your hop rubber is a bit raggety OOTB (like my USPc one was) then replacement rubbers can be had for $5-7.50 (I think they're all compatible, I used a MP7 rubber in my USPc).

I'm not aware of any aftermarket recoil springs either, but I haven't looked for any for the M9 system 7. Aftermarket support is a little thin on the ground, but to be honest, past a tightbore, you don't really need to do anything to them.

G&P make a metal outer barrel, out of stock on WGC at $18.50. If you're desperate you could steal the metal outer barrel from the chinese clone M9.

the system 7 guns just don't need upgrades passed a precision barrel. if the gun is all fine from the factory, you'll be happy with the way it shoots. if you want something that will be different than what other people have, it would be better to get a marui M9 as it has more modifications available and many grades of upgradeability.

but if you get yourself a precision barrel (i would say a 6.01-03 from EdGi) and use heavy BBs, like .25-.30, it should shoot really nicely.

and on the outer barrels, KWA and KSC left them plastic for good reason. with a metal barrel, the slide returning forward beats the *suitcase* out of itself on the outer barrel and one long term tests, the plastic barreled ones lasted much longer than the trials with the metal outer barrel. and its not like its a fragile plastic, and the weight of a metal barrel is not heavy at all. but i guess that to the touch, it make be a bit meh, but what the plastic does for the life of the gun makes it a worthy sacrifice.

and one other thing, M9 trigger springs are a bit fragile and usually only last a little over a year with moderate use. the trigger design of the KSC/KWA M9s are close to that of the real M9 and you can get one of the wolff upgraded trigger springs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=718180

Thanks all for your replies. Yeah I think Ill keep the plastic barrel if it means less wear. As for the barrel lock and trigger spring; I don't live in the US so it would be hard for me to get RS parts but maybe they're airsoft versions available. But I'm starting to think maybe a TM M9 would be best for me as (a) it seems more reliable and © it has a lot more parts available for it. Or are the other KSC GBBs more reliable? like the USP?

its hard to judge reliability when it comes to KWA/KSC and Marui GBBs. generally, they are all just really reliable.

you wouldn't go wrong with any choice, but you would be spending more money with marui since your starting with an all plastic gun.

if you go marui, start with an M9 from the variation line (the 2 tone version). marui redesigned the hop up so that its adjustable on these models. then get a guarder metal body kit and an upgraded recoil spring. you should also get yourself a precision barrel. and for the final upgrade, if you can find a firefly rocket valve kit for the Marui M9, grab it. its one of the best things you can do for the performance of the marui M9 series.

guarder makes a few different types of metal kits. i believe they come in gray, black and inox, but im unsure of the availability of the inox kits. as for external accessories to make them look different, you still pretty limited. as far as i know, there are only skeliton hammers, one different type of trigger and a couple choices of barrel thread adapters and compensators, but most of those will also fit on the KSC M9.

Archived