Airsoft Shotgun

Tinkerton

hullo peeps. after some pondering on the subject of *airsoft shotguns aren't shotguns*, i have come up with a crazy, but realistic and workable idea!

take:

2x 500mm length of 41mm steel/plastic tube/pipe

1x modified shotgun stock

1x trigger mechanism

2x 40mm moscart.

now, i think we have all established that the moscart stle 'grenades' are actually more like shotgun shells, so, use the 'grenades' AS a shotgun shell.

double barreled shotguns can only take two at a time, so tha remove the whole ejecting thing, and also have a very simple mechanism, none of this pump action lark.

how hard would it be to modify a shotgun stock, and bodge up barrels and trigger mechs to make a double barreled Moscart launcher, in the style of a doubled barreled shotgun?

would it be stupid? would it look damned cool? would it fail on me? would it be expensive (excluding the shells and ammo and gas etc etc)?

please note, all above ideas are MINE! please consult me before using them and/or/ trying to build a shotgun such as that described! (it is my little baby of a project, i wouldnt want someone with more money and time to come and steal it)

thanks

dave

I have been thinking about making a "side by side" or "over and under" shotgun by using those 27mm moscarts myself. Good to see that somebody made a thread about this.

Edit: Problem is, all shotguns that I know of got a barrel diameter of under 2cm...

making a double-barreled grenade launcher in the style of the sawed-off M79 would be cooler.

edit: if you're going to use 40mm shells that is! a double-barreled shotgun using maruzen shotshells would be pretty cool aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

i was thinking about the same idea of using the moscarts but with five barrels that fire simultaneously with one pull of a trigger as the firing pin splits into the different barrels unleashing over 800 rounds in one shot!!! OVERKILL!!

will in summer holidays try and make it so probs post pics.

(wooops slightly off topic)

Big dave go with ur originl idea of moscarts and use hefty 165rnd showers!!! would look and be totally awesome in battle!

I have considered making the pistol grenade launcher from killzone using the grenade shells. But I was wondering were I could get a trigger assembly that would work. Also if anyone has a link to a diagram of the airsoft grenade launchers that would be nice.

Archived