KSC G17 not disassembling

BrooklynBorn

Ummm...that's fine.

Ideally that is how a real Glock works. You have to have the striker disengaged (there are no hammers in a Glock).

Your real issue is that your Spring Guide may have shifted.

If you can rack your slide, grabbed the spring guide pull it forward slightly and then up. Let it reset and then pull down on the slide lock release on both sides.

Ummm...that's fine.

Ideally that is how a real Glock works. You have to have the striker disengaged (there are no hammers in a Glock).

Your real issue is that your Spring Guide may have shifted.

If you can rack your slide, grabbed the spring guide pull it forward slightly and then up. Let it reset and then pull down on the slide lock release on both sides.

I know how a Glock works. I've had this for 2 years. I meant to say striker when I said hammer.

The spring guide didn't shift. I can finally rack it, but when i pull the two tabs, it doesn't allow me to remove the slide, and I can see the striker/internal hammer up, and not down like it should be when I rack the slide.

Firstly it IS a hammer, the KSC glock uses a conventional airsoft GBB mech that bears no relation to the safe-action of the real glock.

Try to push the trigger foreward, cock and try to remove the slide. TBH it sounds like the sear isn't holding the hammer properly, it becomes very difficult to remove the slide in this situation...

Firstly it IS a hammer, the KSC glock uses a conventional airsoft GBB mech that bears no relation to the safe-action of the real glock.

Try to push the trigger foreward, cock and try to remove the slide. TBH it sounds like the sear isn't holding the hammer properly, it becomes very difficult to remove the slide in this situation...

So I found the true issue. The sear is in my hand- part of it at least. It snapped off. The hammer is forward, and no matter what I do with the trigger, is will NOT pull forward.

Looks like my guns gone mad.gifsad.gifheadbutt.gifheadbutt.gif

Anything I can do?

KWA's Pro Shop has a replacement sear in stock: http://store.kwausa....m19m34sear.aspx

Compared to the automatic series, the semi-automatic series of KSC/KWA Glocks are rather easy to work on.

-Piano

Wow thanks!

If only I could get the damn slide off and fix this problem dry.gif

I tried to duplicate your problem by dryfiring my G34 empty and trying to disassemble to pistol. It seems like the hammer is in the down position and is contacting the plastic plate that covers the rear of the slide. I have a spare if you need it.

-Piano

I'm using a very thin piece of metal, trying to get the hammer down again, but it just keeps sipping.

Thanks for your help guys.

I was looking to get a new GBB anyways, and this just pushed me over the edge. Probably just gonna get a G19- I love KSC Glocks. :P

Archived