SIG M4

AG1212

Right so, I'm starting a new project.

Ive got a G&G 550 which I use in a DMR role, the problem is that I can't mount the optics as I would want due to the rear sight being in the way and the mount itself being too high anyway. Soo I am ordering a sig553 upper form G&G so thats sorted.

So I'll have a spare receiver and seeing as it is a 5 second job to swap the upper receivers I want to create something unique to use in a more CQB friendly role. Out of all this, a monster was created! ( see attachment)

The original barrel is held in place by two screws, while an m4 barrel fits in terms of diameter it only goes in far enough for one screw. Another issue is the delta ring, While there is a space for the delta ring to sit onto hold the barrel in place, it isn't threaded and its a bit too small in diameter. My hope is that the delta ring will be kept in place by pressure from the front sight post, with the barrel being held in place by the screw. Its not the most solid arrangement but it'll do unless anyone else has any ideas?

Any suggestions or insights are welcome, the project will only really start until I can get enough money for the new receiver and parts, so till then its highly theoretical biggrin.gif

post-57289-12796573920131_thumb.jpg

Hmm I dunno, my original plan was to get one of those super slim colt m4 handgaurds and leave it in black for some contrast between new and old, I'm just not sure if the dimensions will make it look silly or if a battery will fit, but I'll see.

Archived