ICS m4 problem

Dodger1911

I am having a problem running my ICS M4 with an upgraded spring cylinder group. The gun will fire then after I fire a burst the trigger doesn't reset. After using the forward assist function the gun will fire another burst just fine but again the trigger won't reset. Is this a problem with the tappet plate? Any assistance would be appreciated.

The gun is doing the same on semi auto. I am running it with a 9.6 v. 1700mz battery. As far as the spring is concerned I believe it is a system spring. It was part of a package Airsoft GI was running selling a pre-upgrded cylinder for the ICS m4 at 400fps.

Its a combo of two factors.

One..you got a crappy battery. As most retailers "don't know" batteries do not all work the same...some are high capacity and some are high discharger. And even fewer some are both high capacity and discharge. Of which NONE are in the size for your ICS.

You have the 9.6v 1700mah Sanyo KR which has an IR of 17. Think of IR as restriction on the ability of the battery to let power flow. You your 9.6v pack has "less" power to drive a heavier spring then a good NICD in 8.4v with a IR of say 6. Get a 9.6v GP1100 for your upgraded ICS...it will work way better and more efficient.

The second I am guessing is your spring...is it a systema spring...if it is...this is the second problem...but I cannot comment til you tell me what spring your using.

Ok, I checked my purchase order when when I bought the gun. It is an and it is being run by a 9.6v 1700mah Sanyo Nicad battery. Does this help?

Edit By enzo100: Please note, that those springs put the gun over the legal forum limit of 1J please read the forum rules

Ok, I checked my purchase order when when I bought the gun.  It is an  and it is being run by a 9.6v 1700mah Sanyo Nicad battery.  Does this help?

Edit By enzo100: Please note, that those springs put the gun over the legal forum limit of 1J please read the forum rules

Yes, then its the one with the IR of 17 (ICS uses the Sanyon KRU1700 cells Ni-CD cells). Sounds like a battery problem to me.

Thanks everyone for your input.  from the sounds of it it's a battery problem.  Does anyone know of a nunchuck style battery which would provide ample power or should I just go to a large battery stored outside the gun (an/peq2)?

If those nunchuck style batteries are full sized A's, then i'd try this site http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/ if you live in the US. It was where I got my AN/PEQ2 battery. I got the 2500 MaH type A cells which should have a discharge rate of up to 30 amps +. Although you could also go with the 4/5 A GP cells they have (2000 mah). I chose a custom build.

Note, I did have a problem with my battery being wired incorrectly though. They flipped my battery connector incorrectly so I had to flip one the end of my small to large connector so I could properly recharge the battery. (When I tried to charge the pack when I first got it, it would actually discharge making me think something was wrong with my gun....). Now it works fine with flipped connector with a great ROF.

Airsoft%2019.jpg

Archived