300rd hi-cap empties in one single go

Phuncz

Seriously, I don't understand this. I have a TM Steyr Aug with a TM hi-cap, BE UMP with 2 hi-caps. Not one of them will fire even 100rds without needing a wind-up or a "love-tap". And that is at about 15-18rps, this new high cycle stuff shoots at 25rps which gives motorized drum-mags a run for their money.

Since when is TM able to make hi-caps not fail ?

Every single TM highcap i have ever used* has fed all or at worst 95% of the BBs in the magazine.

Also from my experiance with high speed setups in the past, TM highcaps are normally the best highcaps to use with high ROFs. I knew a few M4/patriot high ROFers who use only TM highcaps because only they can feed at 35-40RPS.

*STANAG, P90, MP5, and once with an Uzi.

most vids on youtube showing the xcortech cronograph always show them testing rps

Hm, mine has an RPM function, haven't really noticed an option to change it to RPS...

On topic, I have JG 300 rounders and these feed until the last 40 or so rounds, which is enough to fill the feed tube and keep the hicap cogs bound up until it feeds a few more rounds then goes bzzzz. This is in both a sensible 16rps set up and a less than sensible 32rps.

Every single TM highcap i have ever used* has fed all or at worst 95% of the BBs in the magazine.

Also from my experiance with high speed setups in the past, TM highcaps are normally the best highcaps to use with high ROFs. I knew a few M4/patriot high ROFers who use only TM highcaps because only they can feed at 35-40RPS.

*STANAG, P90, MP5, and once with an Uzi.

What the F, my TM AUG hicap can't even keep up with my 9.6v battery, I switched to midcaps just for this reason. I was always in the assumption that no hi-cap in the world would ever be able to sustain more than 50-60 BB's without winding.

What the F, my TM AUG hicap can't even keep up with my 9.6v battery, I switched to midcaps just for this reason. I was always in the assumption that no hi-cap in the world would ever be able to sustain more than 50-60 BB's without winding.

I don't want to sujest you are using them wrong, but every single one i have used has always fed the lot, most of them feed all the BBs and then audibly spin out when empty.

I used a JG AUG and it did the same. Fed all the BBs then audibly span out.

But the TM AUG highcap uses the same springs and internal mech as the TM STANAG highcaps that i have used. I don't see how you can possibly have only 50 or so rounds feed per wind. Even my academy SA80 magazine feeds 300 and audibly spins out!

are you winding until you hear a click?

It doesn't click, but the windup sound does change. To bad my AUG is in pieces at the moment so I can't test it. Anyway, I have two hicaps for my Bell M89A (clone of replica H&K UMP) and they even have a hard time feeding 20 BB's at a time without winding.

Archived