Plywood Sniped Stock Addon for SR25

AG1212

My basic Idea is to make a bull pup lower receiver for my SR25 to make it into something akin to an SRS. The only material available is wood so thats why Im going for plywood. The problem is the conventional spring bolt systems (VSR) have the mag hidden further forward from the bolt rather than directly underneath as it should be. What system can I use instead of the VSR? I don't want to shell out cash for a TM l96 just to take its internals away from it, it needs to be cheap but upgradeable with the mag directly underneath.

Ive done a bit of research and narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2409

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3746

I know that the AW338 is based on the ARES system but what about the first? I don't want to shell out the cash for the second one just to tear it apart :/

Ive done a bit of research and narrowed it down to these two:

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2409

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3746

I know that the AW338 is based on the ARES system but what about the first? I don't want to shell out the cash for the second one just to tear it apart :/

EDIT: NVM I think the 1st one has the wrong mag placement or am I wrong?

I hope you mean that to only be a rough sketch. But seeing as how you're bent in using an AR upper, I'm guessing that's really what you intend on making. I know this is airsoft and all, but your chamber is a good 12" away from the magazine, defeating the purpose of a bullpup layout.

And with that much custom fabrication to go through, why not just do it in fiberglass? It's readily available and not any harder than doing paper mache.

What do you mean by the chamber being far away from the mag? The original SR camber is there bot the bolt and mag 'addon' is behind the upper. The reason I cant use fiberglass is because here in Ireland everything is ridiculously expensive, ill keep it as an option though.

Im starting to think however that I should maybe try and make a fully fledged SRS, as BFOUR suggested. Who made that? I assume its using the tanaka system? What I Intended to make was something very similar to that. With my design would use an SR25 upper, so the old ejection port would still be there. While this will look a bit odd the intent was to still be able to use the standard lower and switch between the two systems.

Still not sure what you mean, that was just a very very basic example. My design is based on the SRS, and will be similar to the build above. The problem is that I need internals to make the design in the first place, and that is what I need help with.

Still not sure what you mean, that was just a very very basic example. My design is based on the SRS, and will be similar to the build above. The problem is that I need internals to make the design in the first place, and that is what I need help with.

Dobey made it and yes it uses the tanaka system. Its changed much now and Im doing my own work on it because of dobeys uneven and sloppy craftsmanship.

Everything except the RIS is custom made out of aluminum. I have since removed the top reciever and made a upper reciever and RIS made out of a single piece of RIS. Ill snap a pic.

Here you go. Work in Progress. If you do decide to make something like this its close enough to the real thing I can give you dimensions.

4jnz0n.jpg

Can I make it out of wood tongue.gif If I used the SR upper I could actually make something that looks halfway decent ( apart from a few niggling things like a random ejection port far away from the magazine). If you could maybe give me the dimensions of the lower reciever ( IE stock with grip and bolt ) that would be great biggrin.gif

Archived