De-cocking KSC series Glocks, without the slide

TheFull9

Hopefully this will be a nice simple one, fingers crossed anyway.

Since I've had my FPG, the lower frame and internal parts from my KWA G18C have been sitting in their box, but recently an issue occured to me. Seeing as the mechanism has to be cocked in order to take the slide off, this leaves me with the dilemma of either the FPG or G18 hammer being left in the cocked position while in storage for months on end; ruining the spring (not sure which one, but one of em). Problem is of course the action doesn't fire without the slide installed, but I've only got the 1 slide.

Is there any way around this? And since the relevant spring in the G18 frame is pretty much ruined and too weak to work properly now, how easy is it to fit a new one?

Usually when the slide is racked, release and just pull the trigger. Not sure if you can do that with the FPG though.

As for spring replacement...it's a bit of a PITA (less so than the USP...oh my jesus that thing was an epic PITA), but if you know how the parts fit together it isn't too hard.

I think I've either poorly written my post or mis-understood your answer.

The issue is that (far as I can tell) you can only fire off the action on a KSC glock with the slide installed, and I've got to frames but only the 1 slide. Basically, since you have to pull back the slide to change the selector to the disassembly position, the hammer always ends up cocked when you take the slide off, you can't take it off with the hammer up, is there any way around that?

Well, the gun's (as with all my guns) at home in london and I'm in Scotland, so may take a lil bit of time to get a picture but I'll try.

Far as I can tell by the noise it makes when I pull the slide back for disassembly the hammer is getting cocked down, and once the slide is off the trigger doesn't make it fire. The reason I'm sure it is getting left cocked, is that after coming back home and testing it after 3 months of being in storage with the slide on the FPG, it's only sometimes hitting the valve on the mag hard enough to depress it and shoot, wasn't a problem before I left.

Archived