WA system GBBr inner barrel lengths

TheFull9

Been feeling like yanking my hair out over this one for a couple of days now, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will feel kind enough to enlighten me.

As the title says really, I'm trying to identify the correct lengths of inner barrel to go with various lengths of outer barrel for WA GBB rifles, and either my maths is backwards or they're a bit different to the common AEG lengths because it's been quite confusing. The main ones I'm looking at are the 10.5" (CQB-R), 11.5" (Commando), 12", 14.5" and 16". Now I've noticed the commonly available lengths seem to be the 300mm and the 325mm, would it be correct to say that they fit in to the 10.5 and the 11.5 respectively? And if so, would I be looking at something around a 337mm for a 12" outer barrel?

Far as I can tell I'm going to need to custom chop some barrels to get appropriate ones for a 12 and 16 inch, but there's some pretty good deals on various chinese inners out there that I won't mind hacking up with no real need to worry if it goes wrong.

Well I'm pretty much sorted with the standard M4 length and the full M16 since they're the other 2 common lengths that various manufacturers are doing, just the other two that I'm wondering about.

Is your rifle a 10.5" or a super stubby type? 250mm sounds pretty short is all, more like a 7" barrel if anything, got a picture by any chance?

1" = 25.4mm

10" = 254mm

10.5" barrel is the length roughly from where the delta ring is to the tip of the barrel, not counting flashhider

For WA system barrels(assuming you are not using the Prime AEG Hop-up, which allows you to use AEG barrel in your WA GBBR), 10.5" outer barrel uses typically 240-250mm barrel. RA-Tech makes one, and I think the stock G&P CQB-R sized gun comes with this length as well. PDI makes an odd-ball 210mm barrel. Which incidentally is what I have right now for my 11.5 inch outer barrel setup.

For the typical M4A1 sized gun, the gun has a 14.5" Outer barrel, which correspond to a 368mm Barrel. PDI makes one, so does RA-T. Since I am not using the AEG hop-up, that is what I am running in my 16" outer setup. If you do use AEG barrel, you can probably find something closer(406mm, which I think there are 400mm AEG barrel). For M16 sized gun, the barrel is 20", or 508mm. Again RAT and PDI makes this as well...

Typical sizes:

CQB-R: 10.5"

Commando: 11.5"

M4A1: 14.5"

Mid-length:16"

M16: 20"

Well I'd rather whichever inner I'm using came as close as physically possible to the base of the FH is all, I had a 363mm tightbore in my 16" L119 outer, and the odd bb was catching the OB on its' way out and flying in some really random directions.

There's a couple of companies doing the 300 and 325mm, G&P and AABB both stock them on eHobby - Link.

Archived