King arms TROY m7a1 full review (by Badburn)

king arms troy m7a1 gbb full review

FULL props goes to Badburn from FAS forum. Original Linkhttp://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93553

King arms TROY m7a1 full review

25k7afm.jpg

Specs:

Caliber: 6mm bb

Mag capacity: 50 rounds

Operation: gas operated

Gas type: 134a/green gas

Weight without mag: 2.25kg

Barrel length: 17.8 cm

Main material: aluminum,nylon fiber,high grade polymer

Initial impression: WA gbb platform open bolt

Got my king arms troy m7a1 a couple of days ago straight from Taiwan (hihihi) yeah really straight from Taiwan and I gotta say this gbb is good.Upon assessment you can already see lots of good things to love in this gun. king arms really put some love and efforts in creating this item, well I already expected that because this gbb aint cheap man. Its pricey.

Externals:

23lfr0x.jpg

Lets begin with the receivers, finish is good.you gotta dig this king arms body it's really clean and detailed. The marking is an engraved Smith and Wesson trades which is nice perhaps due to its rarity and troy laser trades on the opposite side plus voltor emblem on the shell deflector and MUR-1 voltor markings below the picatiny receiver rail

The 17.8 cm (10 inch I think) front rail is also very nice and complete with numbers and troy markings.the butt stock is a magpul ctr stock,pistol grip is an oem king arms grip and it also comes with a noveske muzzle brake. The gbb is also equipped with an oem troy battle sights and a ribbed charging handle.

The magazine also comes with a clean finish and is quite heavy. What I noticed though is that it doesn't have an o-ring on the magazine gas valve hole, so gas tends to leak from the valve and the tank's tip when refilling.

2i8au7c.jpg

Internals:

b6sgg7.jpg

Take down is simple and realistic, much like the real steel. push pins are held on the receiver upon opening

Spring buffer:

>buffer is a stock standard spring, good tension and fits nicely on the tube. The spring guide however is plastic and 2 speed buffers are already installed. The gun comes with 2 other spring buffers for a total of 4 if you take it all out. Recoil is as close as you can get from the real thing. It sends some shock wave to your biceps when you fire. However is I still changed my spring guide with a heavy iron filled metal spring guide (like mercury filled for real steel 1911) for the sole purpose of getting rid of that crappy looking plastic and increase recoil. (iron filled spring guide courtesy of taclab)

Bolt carrier group:

4jnltk.jpg

>the bolt carrier is metal ,looks very solid and milled cleanly and the loading nozzle housing is plastic with good pressure compression . the gun also comes with 2 valve blockers- high power and low power.the high power blocker is already installed. The charging handle is not reinforced but hopefully will serve it's purpose for a considerable time.

Trigger mech:

2ahi58i.jpg

the hammer is also made of metal but to be honest, I don't think it's gonna last. The kind of metal used doesn't look competent and shinny,-looks like pot metal. The sear is made of same material,the springs are oem but with good tension and the bolt hold unit looks good and durable. I let sir Alfred of taclab to take a look at the internals and he recommended to just allow the parts to break before replacing. We immediately replaced the pins however and installed gnp anti rotation link for safety because all oem gbb pins will break eventually regardless of the brand.

Operation:

As expected,the gun should operate like a real m4 or atleast close or very close.-and guess what,? It does. The fire selector doesn't switch to safe when the hammer is not cocked (like real steel). The opposite side of the selector rotates as well. You have to cock before it fires or to switch to safe mode.

The pull resistance if the charging handle differs depending on the speed buffer installed. Thicker buffer,heavier pull. Trigger pull is also decent ,but youll have sore fingers on the later part.

Firing the gun is just a thing of beauty.it shoots loud and kicks hard.(harder fo my gun bec of the iron filled spring guide).the bolt stop also works all of the time using the thinnest buffer. I disabled my bolt stop from the gun by using the thick buffer and also from the mag to reduce bolt stress and friction.

Well get over it, sometimes we have to give up some aesthetics to preserve longevity of the parts.

Overall, the gun is a good purchase. The appearance is really cool and exclusive. Add some accessories to compliment and surely it adds more pogi points.in my case i added an acog. I love it, its really fun shooting it.cheers..enjoy.

Internal steel parts

bolt stop

bushing

hammer lock

pins (but i still replaced mine with gnp anti rotation links)-what is it for by the way?

buffer stop

not sure about the sear, but it looks like steel to me.

Aluminum parts

hammer

frames that hold the buffer stop and the bolt stop

trigger

fire selector

mag catch

( i originaly intended to replace internals at once after seeing the aluminum parts)however, the aluminum parts dont look cheap and crappy.sir alfred of taclab even advised me to just allow the parts to break before replacing bec they look durable at some point. so hopefully it will give me a run for my money..i will be putting the gun into a full game test this sunday.will update my thread after which.

29nuiw8.jpg

21k08cp.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...