Detonics .45 SMG/Machine Pistol

steaktipz

Might try doing something like this for the stock:

pix279130832.jpg

I'd have to get a 1911 msh, and by the looks of things it'll have to be RS. Assuming it's even possible to somehow get a real 1911 msh on a marui detonics, I'd then have to cut those slots with a dremel and give the stock rails to attach to the msh. I wouldn't try to make it QD, I'd just secure it with a screw.

The Detonics uses a slightly different msh, can't bodge one from a 1911 right away.

Shoot. Another thing I was thinking of doing was to make my own msh (or have someone machine one for me) out of a scrap piece of aluminum that extends out from the back of the grip, which the stock would attach to directly.

• 1 month later...

So I think I've decided to ditch the whole detonics smg idea in favor of an automatic CZ75. The main reason I want to make a full auto mod to the CZ75 instead of the Detonics is it's more unique and I can order any part I need from KWA in case I mess something up. I know it won't be completely accurate to the real steel, and performance will be lacking compared to the TM (especially in accuracy) but it shouldn't matter too much as It'll mostly be used as a CQB weapon.

Please see the link in my signature to experiance my current BELL setup.

I really like the look of your Lehman custom inspired piece. Love the sound particularly. Studied the subject a bit and came across this beauty and must say that a selector would be a nice touch.

Here's an other take on the subject. Not really a 1911 though.

http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/smgD/index.shtml

And something bit else.

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/iB_html/uploads/post-34-54185-Colt45_Machine_Pistol_Conversion.pdf

Dying to see under the grip panel of the 1911 in the video. Could it be connected to the trigger bow and when slide retracts it nudges the trigger thus ready for next shot? Bit like bump firing. The comment about the mechanism is a bit vague to say at least. It has some similarity with the page 4 in the pdf but there isn't the part 6 (in the pdf) protruding from the grip panel. Anyone got a view on this?

Here's a KJ MEU looking forward of having a selector and a compensator. Reckon it would make an excellent rattle with a co2 mag. Really looking forward the Inokatsu co2 1911..

Clicky

• 1 month later...

imagebin link

Doodled a bit. I guess what's inside that is something looking similar to this.

Thats not a bad design, it could work with an airsoft gun, but you'd need to make the trigger mech from scratch to fit. Way above my skill level.

If someone wants to make that trigger mech in a TM 1911 (plastic frame and slide please) I'll happly take it of your hands [/dreaming]

Archived