Plastic JG s-system upper receiver replacement?

AG1212

You cant any more , airsoft GI had some but that was ages ago and they cost loads =/

The only way is to replace the outer barrel , New receiver and find a way to attach the S-system front end to the barrel (2 tabs which the front part screws into) and attach the long upper rail to the upper receiver as it jt screws onto the JG upper and does not clamp like Dboys or ICS etc , A bit of modifying would be needed

Hope this helps

there used to be a kit for marui s-systems to let you use a metal receiver, not sure if it will work for a jg one tho?

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2536&osCsid=f5f6e0a0dda082726c2efb44f8d21530

MB-HEM1624.JPG

btw searching for that has just found me a few things I've been looking for :)

you can change the plastic receiver on your S-System for another plastic one (i did) get your self an M4 receiver then CARFULY loosen and swap the metal retaining rings from the front of each of the receivers , fix the new one on with some epoxy and job done .

I'm a bit confused, the top receiver for the s-system is missing the top/rail, so I would have to somehow remover this? and the front of the receiver too?

Maybe an easier solution would be to either glue ( thats what I did originally but it didn't hold up ) or find a parts bin S-System.

Thanks.

I'm a bit confused, the upper receiver for the s-system is missing the top/rail, so I would have to somehow remove this? and I will have to modify the front of the receiver too?

Maybe an easier solution would be to either glue ( thats what I did originally but it didn't hold up ) or find a parts bin S-System.

Thanks.

Ok , http://picasaweb.google.com/gijohn2142/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCKfuntvVoOuF-gE#5543990685817090050

That is a JG M4A1/S-system upper , As you can see it attaches to the out barrel differently unlike the conventional delta screw ring, The top rail slots into two plastic tabs (not in picture because they snapped off) and then you screw the top rail onto the charging handle block .

You could glue it the front rail system and long upper rail (Of the S-System) onto a metal body but im not sure how secure that would be =/

Archived