"Calculator Bomb" and other Props

SEAL_Sniper

All:

First, I remember a while ago seeing a program for a TI 83 calculator that simulated a bomb screen...with a countdown timer, and programmable password. Does anyone know where this can be found? Or does someone have a better idea?

My plan was to set this program up, and use it in conjunction with party poppers, a wooden ammo crate and some 550 cord as a fail-safe. The TI 83 was going to be duct-taped to the lid of the crate, with a small hole drilled into the cover which would be on the back of the calculator to allow function of the calc. Some gutted 550 cord would be run through the hole and knotted, so it couldn't come out. A small hole through the wood, with party poppers and some yellow "bricks" inside but on the ends of the box. Party poppers would be tied to the 550, and taped to the bottom of the crate. This way, if the lid is opened too far, or the calculator is removed, the party poppers go off informing everyone that there was a detonation. Now, my only problem is I need the graphing calculator program. Here's a brief diagram:

pic.jpg

Also, any other ideas for what you guys use across the pond as props would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all the help.

Using this revolutionary website I managed to find some files using the keywords "TI-83" and "bomb".

Here are the fruits of my labor:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/graphics/bomb.zip

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/med...ations/bomb.zip

I haven't tried em myself (I don't own a TI-83) but if it's what you're looking for, give us a picture for all my hard work. :P

If you want a louder report switch the party popper with a rape alarm. Thats what we did with capture the flag, I taped a rape alarm to it then tied the string to a tree root, so when a guy grabbed it we all knew where he was (we were playing at night).

Which side of the pond are you on by the way?

Oops, forgot to fill out my profile with the new system...

I'm in the US, New Jersey to be exact. I searched Google and found those entries, but they're not quite what I'm looking for. If I have no other choice, that's what I'm going to use, but I hope I can find something with a password.

Desolation, the rape alarm sounds like a winner. I'll have to look into that. Thanks, guys

Boomer grenades have a count down timer on them, but other than that what's the point in letting the enemy know how long they have to defuse the bomb

So you can trick them into thinking that they have longer than they really do. Say you have a bomb that's set to go off after 5 minutes, but you set the display to show 10 minutes. The bomb disposal guy thinks he has 5 minutes longer than he really does, and then he gets blown up while the timer still displays 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived