Rof Question

ninjaminger

Hi All

I have a question if someone could try and answer.

If you have double torque gears and it lowers the rof would a 11.1v lipo increase it roughly back to where it was with a stardard gear set.

I have a sopmod m4 and i want more then the standard rof but dont want to increase it to silly amounts.( Around 20 per sec )

What result do you think ill get rof wise.

Well i dont want too high rof. Im guessing stardard gears + 11.1 lipo would = very high rof

i just want it a little higher plus the added bonus of being able to have higher grade springs if needed.

Thus keeping options open. But not that im doing this set up i was just asking the question . trying todo the math

a = -rof

b = +rof

c = total rof

a+b = c

trying to find out what c is

I wouldnt stick an 11v lipo anywhere near your gun unless its been properly upgraded for high rof, if you did in its current state then yes the rof will be quicker but your piston/gb will impolde very quickly i would assume.

*edit awful spelling

Yeah thats what i was thinking , thats why i wanted to know if having a slower rof gearbox and then 11.1 lipo it would bring it back to close stock rof.

Although i could get a trigger master unit and slow the motor down that way to get less then 20.

Ill just leave it as stardard then and maybe get a new gun later this year. maybe treat myself to a m249 or something.

Thanks for reply fella

If anything try a 9.6v Battery or a 7.4lipo should be ok ( i packed one of these in my old AGM m4 and it worked fine for many months) i would also recomend a G&P M120high speed Motor Long version as you have an m4 i found one on ebay for £20 these are decent motors but use at your own risk i have no idea how your aeg would react to having it in (but thats the fun of upgrading)

and no worries mate, sorry if it seems harsh but sticking an 11v on a standard gun is asking for trouble (alot of people still dont learn though ;) )

using torque up gears as a way of reducing high ROF is about as good an idea as using... actually i can't think of anything that stupid.

If you want more ROF, the easiest upgrades are either a higher rpm motor, a less powerful spring, or deans and a mosfet.

As it's a sopmod, i have no idea what the internals are like, but iirc they've got proprietary battery connections, so deans are out, but a 'high speed' motor should do the trick.

Highspeed motors WONT give you a quick trigger response, though. due to the nature of them they dont hit full speed immediately, and so have a half second (or so) 'spooling up'.

tbh i was under the impression that most AEG's were shooting at around 20 rounds per second anyway?

The SOPMOD's do have proprietary connectors but you can convert them to normal connectors reasonable easily.

How ever don't put a lipo in a sopmod, the gears just aren't built to take the strain, they might hold up to a 7.4 but its better to stay safe and use a 9.6 NIMH instead. I use one and get about 17-18 RPS, with a very fast trigger response and that is using the stock EG1000 motor it comes with (which you need to stick with in a sopmod as hi-speed motors rarely have the torque to pull the spring back due to the redesigned GB).

Best thing to do if you want a snappier SOPMOD is convert it to a normal battery connector and use a mini 9.6 crane battery, not only will this up the ROF a bit it will also up the battery life as the SOPMOD batteries are terrible.

using torque up gears as a way of reducing high ROF is about as good an idea as using... actually i can't think of anything that stupid.

If you want more ROF, the easiest upgrades are either a higher rpm motor, a less powerful spring, or deans and a mosfet.

As it's a sopmod, i have no idea what the internals are like, but iirc they've got proprietary battery connections, so deans are out, but a 'high speed' motor should do the trick.

Highspeed motors WONT give you a quick trigger response, though. due to the nature of them they dont hit full speed immediately, and so have a half second (or so) 'spooling up'.

tbh i was under the impression that most AEG's were shooting at around 20 rounds per second anyway?

Aye it would be silly just for that reason. but i cant see anyone doing it for that reason unless they just have money to burn.

In may case im having a full internal upgrade mainly full promo set / bearings / piston / everything . and while wanting to keep roughly the same rof or a little higher . still having enough power to use a high spring for upto 350-380 fps and also the power to run the recoil unit with out straining the gears / motor

when you spend £300-400 for parts upgrading your gun you need to look at all the options and make sure you make the right choices.So you get the gun that your happy with and not something that will just do.

But im sure i will be happy with the final result. and thanks to you guys im sure i have made the right choices now.

Thanks again for the info and thoughts

Ill let you know how it all goes when finished

7.4v dual stick lipo from vapex tech fits in the standard TM sopmod stock a treat.

The ROF it gives you is great for about £22. You can buy them direct online.

I would save your money as the standard gears ain't bad and can pull m100 (from eagle6) circ 350fps. You will get great range and reliability from this setup. Pushing things too far may upset the recoil setup so not sure its the best platform for higher FPS or ROF.

Archived