Blackhawk STRIKE Bandolier

hwagan

I've basically decided a bandolier would look cool, and fit my gear carrying needs quite well.

That in mind, does anyone use a Blackhawk, or similar MOLLE bandolier? Just looking for some experience really; Do they bounce around a lot? Comfy? Any experience or opinions would be welcomed :)

My opinion,pros,

1. Great for extra utility space/safe zone stuff,

2. Cheap Molle real estate.

3. Looks cool.

Cons.

2.Doesnt integrate well whilst wearing another upper body rig.

3. Not that great as a rig on its own, stick with a chest rig.

Basically, if you have a molle battle belt at the mo, load it up and sling it on like you would a bandolier, its not that different, and you'll get the idea.

See i'm planning on using it in combination with the molle belt; It's mainly the stability i'm interested in. I can see there's 2 straps to keep it attached to a belt; Do they do much good?

I won't be using it with any other upper body rig, just as long as it stays reasonably in place! Cheers for the info dude :)

the only issue with the two belt retaining straps is that you then cant just swing it to the back,which i think is the main idea of it, the biggest issue for stabilty is that your loading everything on one strap, on your front or side, it does move around, i found it more a pain when prone than a chest rig, at least with a chest rig you can roll slightly, as the bandolier is diagonal across your body, its awkward.

I meant just try your belt, to get a general feel of what its like.

i ended up just using mine for pyro (flashbangs/thermos), so i could sling it out of the way when not needed, then got a specific bandolier just for those and sold it on.

I wouldnt rule it out completely, its a fairly cheap rig and may suit your needs better mine.

If i can help in any way further just ask, :)

Cheers CK - I'm hoping it won't be too bad with a light load, time will tell i guess.

And cheers for the info JP - I've tried it with the molle belt, and i get what you mean. I've ordered one anyway to see how it goes, i'll post up here what i think. I travel really frikkin' light (mags + guns and that's about it), so the idea is to make my belt a bit lower profile. At the moment i've got double-stacked mag pouches (pistol on top of rifle) which tend to be annoyingly saggy, so i'm hoping by getting a few of the rifle mags or the pistol mags onto the bandolier, it shouldn't weigh it down too much and it'll remove the need to double stack my mag pouches.

Anyhoo, cheers for all the help!

Hmm.. see, personally, I'd have said go with a micro chest rig for the purposes of increasing your real estate when using a MOLLE belt rig. One of these for example:

But perhaps something to consider later on down the line.

Cheers for the suggestion man; I have looked at a few of the micro-rigs, and i have a feeling i may end up going with one in the end after logic inevitably prevails - I've used similar chest rigs before and i get on okay with them, this thing just looks an awful lot cooler!

Heh, if I'm entirely honest, I spent years as a child learning to sail a small dinghy round various lakes, and I'm still not certain of the exact spelling of that big flappy bit of cloth up the front.

Anyway, gear. Was it you that posted all myspace-eque wearing your WAS belt rig in one of the other threads? I keep thinking about setting one up using some pouches that leave my mags less vulnerable than the TACOs/10-speeds etc, as all my current setups pretty much stop me from leopard crawling, which is annoying. The problem is still being able to get to ammo for a quick reload while keeping it protected on a belt, no idea which pouches to go for at the moment. Takes me back to my good old PLCE days, crawling through mud at recruit training... ah, bad times.

Heh, if I'm entirely honest, I spent years as a child learning to sail a small dinghy round various lakes, and I'm still not certain of the exact spelling of that big flappy bit of cloth up the front.

Anyway, gear. Was it you that posted all myspace-eque wearing your WAS belt rig in one of the other threads? I keep thinking about setting one up using some pouches that leave my mags less vulnerable than the TACOs/10-speeds etc, as all my current setups pretty much stop me from leopard crawling, which is annoying. The problem is still being able to get to ammo for a quick reload while keeping it protected on a belt, no idea which pouches to go for at the moment. Takes me back to my good old PLCE days, crawling through mud at recruit training... ah, bad times.

My parents own a 43ft Yacht, and i have no idea either, despite how much they talk about flappy cloth windy movey things.

As for the WAS rig (I'd be offended by the myspace comment if it wasn't entirely accurate :P), the mag pouches are the best i've used by a long shot. Admittedly haven't tried the TACO's or 10's, but they really are excellent. The leatherish lining on the inside of them provides enough friction to keep them in, and they're a very smooth draw. As well as that, they're a very snug fit so there's not a lot of room for anything to get in and foul the feed spout or anything.

And when i was in the cadets, i had to do that - With '58 pattern. That sucked.

Just in case anyone else was thinking about one of these, i'm surprisingly pleased with it.

I've got it loaded with 3 x AR15 mags, pistol sized speedloader and a pouch for a couple of Mk5's. Very comfortable to wear, and when the belt straps are attached to a Molle belt, it's very stable. Bit of a nuisance to take on and off, but it supports the belt, spreads the load a bit and looks pretty awesome too.

It's not going to take a lot of weight, and it's not going to stay still without the belt retention straps, but if you're looking for an alternative to a belt harness or chest rig, this is a pretty good option.

Archived