M82a1/M107

tigerdan

Hi, can anyone tell me what's the difference between a M82a1 and M107? This whole time I thought the socomgear .50 cal rifle was the M107, but in fact they call it M82a1. I don't know a lot about barrett rifles, but isn't the extended top rail version is either the M82a3 (marines) or M107 (army). In this case, I believe it's likely to be 107, again because of the extended rail sit lower (M82a3's extended rail is clearly higher). Correct me if wrong, but the M82a1 that I know of is the first original barrett sniper rifle, definitely not this socomgear replica.

p.s. If I buy the M82a1/M107, can I buy an additional M82a1/M107 CQ short barrel? or vice versa.

http://www.barrett.net/support/faq

"What is the difference between an M107® and a Model 82A1®?

Actually, there are a couple of differences. The M107 is issued with “spike feet” bipods, and the 82A1 is issued with “smooth feet” bipods. Also, the M107 is issued with the monopod, but the monopod is optional for a Model 82A1."

And, from Wikipedia:

"Various changes were made to the original M82A1 to create the M107, with new features such as a lengthened accessory rail, rear grip, and monopod socket."

No.

Above is an M82A1 you pictured. The socom gear is model M107. VFC makes an M82A1.

M82A1- Shorter rail, built in carrying handle, smooth bipod feet, no monopod, slightly shorter barrel.

M107- Spiked bipod feet, monopod, detachable carrying handle, full length rail system, monopod.

My point is exactly that.

SOCOMGEAR is suppose to be a M107, but they call it M82A1 on their official website, same goes for Barrett.

According to barrett's official website, THIS is M82A1. Notice the full length rail system. So the question is, does socomgear replicate the wrong rifle and coincidentally, Barrett also made a mistake by calling their M107 as M82A1.

http://www.barrett.net/firearms/model82a1

82a1-hero.jpg

Actually Socom Gear recreate the M82A3 SASR or M82A1M this an M82a1 with full length Picatinni Rail and if you remember the monopod was optional at V1 SG Barrett. Plus SG has the flat bottom bipod so it's an M82 and not M107 but with the addition of a spiked bipod you'll have an M107.

Wolf

Archived