VFC SR635 receiver compatability

DFM56

I just got a VFC SR635 and am planning to (eventually) build a second upper receiver for it with at least a 16" barrel.

WGC seems to stock replacement 635 uppers occasionally, so I'm probably going to wait for one of those and also pick up a G&P Knighthawk kit. Does anyone know if I can use the G&P spec barrels and rails on the VFC uppers?

If I can't get a VFC upper I'm going to try to find a KA MUR. I'm not sure if it will work on the VFC lower, though. Minor modifications are fine, and I would love to have a working bolt when I'm done. Also, does anybody know if they're sold without lowers anywhere?

Also, I want a BAD for.. well.. looks or something I guess, is there a model that will fit AEG bolt releases?

EDIT; derp, wrong section..

G&P rails, handguards and barrels will work with VFC upper receivers. Keep in mind that G&P barrels are 14mm CW, not CCW like VFC.

A RS Magpul BAD will work with the VFC bolt release. You might have to grind/file off some of the material from the back of the bolt release. But it is doable.

On the VFC replica, the BAD lever definitely won't interfere with the right side of the ambidextrous bolt release. The left side will probably stop working and the BAD lever itself will probably be non-functional. The BAD lever can be mounted, but there simply isn't enough play to allow the BAD lever to move. I have a BAD lever on mine simply because I run them on my real SR15 and like the gun to feel as familiar as possible.

As for implementing the BAD lever on a real SR15 and whether or not that's redundant given that it already has an ambi bolt release, I personally prefer the positioning of the BAD over the SR15's built in ambi release. And as Megalomaniac pointed out, the BAD both releases and engages the bolt catch.

Archived