CA RIS with Pro-Arms L119A1 outer barrel?

Corrigan

Hey!

I own a G&P-based SFW, which I recently bought second hand. It came with a G&P outer barrel (10.5'') and a HurricanE KAC-style RIS. To my surprise, when I switched out the G&P barrel for the Pro-Arms, this is what I saw:

1zockqw.jpg

Now, what I need to know, is will this CA RIS:

CA-RIS-M4-A061M-AG-1.jpg

(CA-RIS-M4-A061M-AG-1)

fit with my pro-arms barrel?

Thanks so much,

Eric

Thanks for the reply. As you can see, it's something like a cm too short. I don't think I could shim the delta ring that much. Drilling is not an option, as I lack the equipment.

Also, I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly (or vice versa): I have a g&p reciever. The Hurricane RIS fits the g&p outer barrel, but not with the pro-arms. You say that a g&p RIS will fit better because it's a g&p rifle, but nothing past the delta ring is g&p anymore.

Cheers. Thing is, I have neither the competence nor the time to do a good job. The easiest thing would be to shift my current RIS (it's quite nice) and hopefully not end up loosing too much on a new one. The only issue with that is that I need to make completely sure the new one will fit (by means of someone with this specific combo verifying it). That's the purpose of this thread. Thanks again.

As you say, I'm set on getting new RIS. Thing is, how do I know the real one will fit? :P

EDIT: Pretty cheap still seems to be several times more expensive than the CA. I think I'll pass -- I'm not quite at the full retard stage in my airsoft career yet.

As you say, I'm set on getting new RIS. Thing is, how do I know the real one will fit? :P

There is no easy way to know in advance. I've never seen accurate dimensions given on website pages.

The best you can hope for is for someone reading this thread who has one of the RIS you're interested in, making an accurate measurement and posting it up.

I'm a bit perplexed by your experiences.

G&P outer barrel + Hurricane RIS = good fit.

ProArms outer barrel + Hurricane RIS = bad fit.

I'm surprised, because the G&P measurements tend to be good, so I would expect the pin slots to be in the right place.

Have you thought about trying to find a ProArms RIS?

Again, thanks for the replies.

There is no easy way to know in advance. I've never seen accurate dimensions given on website pages.

The best you can hope for is for someone reading this thread who has one of the RIS you're interested in, making an accurate measurement and posting it up.

I'm a bit perplexed by your experiences.

G&P outer barrel + Hurricane RIS = good fit.

ProArms outer barrel + Hurricane RIS = bad fit.

I'm surprised, because the G&P measurements tend to be good, so I would expect the pin slots to be in the right place.

Have you thought about trying to find a ProArms RIS?

The reason I made this thread is in the hope that someone with a pro-arms barrel will be able to tell me if the CA fits (I've heard words to that effect, but no clear confirmation), or indeed if they can recommend me another that fits.

I could try to find a pro-arms one, yeah, but I think my chances lie in finding someone who has an exact combination of parts which I subsequently know will fit.

Archived