5KU Knight URX III LW copy

wwjkc

I actually received the URX II (as opposed to the URX LW) model just today and a few things to note:

Finish is ugly.. haha. It's your typical cheap chinese black finish, really shiny when compared to krylon, or anything else really black on a gun... Trades are nice to have though it's a shame it'll probably be covered in duracoat later on..

The working of this rail system is really rough, accessories fit of course but the cuts, finishing, holes and stuff all look rough as to be expected. For $77 I'm not really complaining.. but are there other, nicer looking alternatives out there? Of course, but you pay the premium.

As for the fit, it comes with two barrel nuts, one that fits AEG and the other which fits GBBR (yes, both WA and WE fit perfectly with this barrel nut). Barrel nuts are the old URX II style, not the URX III proprietary style with the 11 notches or whatever it is. The G&P URX tool or whatever tool is a cylinder shape with the four protrusions will work fine.

With regards to will it fit the Magpul MOE rail kit.. I dunno. But I'll find out after I do what I had initially intended to do with this rail... mill down the rest of the rails to make it look like the URX III.

Uh if the URX LW is similarly installed to the URX II, then you would just screw the deeper of the barrel nuts (not between the AEG and GBBR barrel nuts, there's the other, shallower nut that has no threads on the inner diameter, ignore this shallower one for now) onto the receiver.

- After this, you would put the shallow nut and thread it into the rear of the rail system with the four notches facing forward.

- You then place the barrel into the receiver, place that crush washer over that, then thread the entire rail system over top the original deep barrel nut you placed onto the receiver.

- after having it screwed on as far as it'll go on the receiver, line it up with the top rail of the upper receiver and tighten the barrel nut that captures the barrel via the four notches that you were supposed to face forward.

It's kind of long-winded typed out, but if you stare at it long enough you'll figure it out. Also, that crush washer just BARELY holds the barrel in, and it would most likely need a spacer.

Finally able to install the rail (thanks Jareyes!). Installation wasnt really straight forward. Fabricated a washer to hold the barrel in place because the crush washer was too thin to be able to support it. Really happy with the result. Will post pics after im done with the build. Anyone intrested in getting the rail id say its worth the buy for a CNC'd rail.

Hey what kind did you get? Madbull? Can you weigh that thing because I'm interested in one but my absolute highest priority is the lightest 12" rail possible.

Haven't forgotten; customs refused the parcel and returned it to HK!!! It should be en route AGAIN and I will weigh it for you. Apologies!

• 8 months later...

Hey in case you guys didn't know, Dytac is making URX III's and URX 3.1's

yup, there is a topic already somewhere in the news section

and btw

5ku released their 3.1 aswell:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/5ku117-hard-anode-handguard-p-6407.html

and maybe it's just me but the finish doesn't look as bad as the one on their previous rails

Wow you guys are fast, I was just going to post about 5KU releasing their 3.1 URX rails as well. I can tell you from first hand experience that the finish pictured for the 3.1 is MUCH better than they had on their URX II's. This actually looks pretty good..... might buy...

Archived