Tokyo Marui G17 firing 2-3 round bursts

Eizen

So today a problem occurred with my TM G17. The gun started to fire in 2-3 round bursts.

Then the trigger jammed so I couldn't pull it. That was solved by racking the slide few times, but it still happens randomly, either by locking the trigger back or forward.

Any suggestions? I got guarder trigger bar installed, I wonder if I have assembled the gun wrong. (It was fully dissambled)

Re-assemble it but take care as to where the trigger bar is sitting with the hammer unit. Sounds like the hammer is not being locked back properly, probably because you are using a new steel part. Probably needs wearing in. Had similar issue with my 18c and turned out to be the trigger bar was binding. May be worth using some molybdenum grease or similar.

Also check the blowback chamber housing isn't dropping - there should be one screw on the bottom of it which holds it to the slide. Tighten that up, as the blowback chamber can drop and stop the disconnector "bump" on the transfer bar from engaging properly.

Archived