TM P226 Reassembly - Hammer Group

seaweasel

I've been fitting an Eaming metal kit to my TM P226 (yes, I only have myself to blame!), and am having some trouble getting the hammer assembly fitted again.

There's the possibility it needs a bit more grinding or sanding, but I've compared this part of the frame to the stock one and I don't see any extraneous bumps in the way like there were elsewhere. I'd also had trouble with this part the last time I disassembled it to swap the mag release round, so I'm thinking that I'm just not doing it right. I'd been using amateurstuntman's thread as a guide but is there any particular trick to fitting the hammer group back in? At the moment the trigger assembly is in place, but do they need to be fitted at the same time, or can the hammer group go in afterwards?

I know I may have been a bit vague so if more details are required let me know. If anyone can provide any advice or point me somewhere for tips it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I did my first P226 build a little while ago with a Prime MBK, and for me at least getting the trigger and hammer groups back in more or less simultaneously was definitely the most challenging part of the process of putting it all back together (and the Prime is made to excellent tolerances). Basically I just giggled the things back and forth, experimenting with having one group just slightly further in than the other, until it all suddenly miraculously went in. There's probably a more scientific method, but I don't know it. It does seem to me that you need to get them both in at once, though perhaps one can lead the other (don't know which way round) by a fraction of an inch. I know I won't be taking it apart again any time soon.

BaBaBooey can reassemble P226s in his sleep, so you might try contacting him for some hints.

I do them seperately, trigger first followed by the hammer block, keeping the trigger bar out of the way, I built one this week into a gaurder lower, one of the easiest SIG builds I builds I have done, everything went in so smooth, this is about the fifth 226 build I've done ;)

The hex bolt that holds the trigger is made of cheese, i always check it goes through the hole first, I stripped it on my first 226 build years ago :(

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers both. Had another go and I see how it fits in now, I think it's the budget frame that's the problem. Will probably need to do a bit more grinding this week and if it's still giving me bother will attempt to get the stock frame put back together in the meantime.

Either one of you wouldn't happen to know what size of machine screw that trigger hex is? May need to do some drilling!

Archived