Assassins creed 3 questions

screamin_weasel

been playing this since it came out, but some things are really confusing me. cant find much on the internet yet.

im about half way through the game judging by how many sequences there are, but havnt really unlocked any new weapons. will i unlock them, aswell as more costumes, as i go along like the previous games, or is whats in the shops now all i can buy ?

i assume the basement in the assassin house is supposed to fill up with weapons and suits as you buy the, again like in previous games ?

the economy thing - how useful is it really ? where i am at the moment, its a lot of dicking about to make 200 quid on a trip. is it more worthwhile the further into the game you get ? also why, for example, why can i make a ship mast for 25 quid, but next time i make one its 50. then next time its 75 etc ?

encyclopedia of man - or whatever its called, when you're told to 'scan' people in your homestead to create a book of life. do you have to catch each person doing something different everytime ? i guess this is down to luck when you come across them if so ?

im not up on my american history, but it seems im helping the guys in blue kill the redcoat british, yeah ? so why have i just cleared a fort of redcoats, hoisted the 'american' flag, then been set upon by an army of guys dressed in blue who i just got a free fort for ? bit out of order.

is there a way to reduce notoriety in the frontier ?

money and ship building - the amount that it costs to upgrade your ship seem very out of line with how much money im earning. i guess this comes back to the economy thing, unless i start getting paid 10k+ per mission.

any help appreciated, cheers

edit - and one more thing, how the hell do you use your assassin buddies ? i tried highlighting a bad guy and pressing LB (xbox), and nothing happened. as usual corners are being cut by ubisoft so theres no paper manual to consult, just a useless in game one. oh and also, just to make things more annoying, i just cleared out another fort, but this time i can wander around to my hearts content with nobody attacking me, despite them all being red blips on my map, and having a level 1 notoriety. wtf ?

Hmmm, sounds a bit of a fix is needed.

Was tempted by this, back when they had the idea to set it in the French Revolution, you know a period in history where stuff actually happened?

Seriously, what a stupid time to set something in, even Victorian London sounds better than this.

And after reading the above might just wait until it reaches the £15 sales.

'FireKnife'

I am actually really enjoying it, can't stop playing it. I've answered some of my own questions. Part of the problem is that some things are not made clear. For example weapons wise, upgrading your pouches etc, is all done in the economy bit. You discover the 'recipes for them, then once your weapon making buddies are good enough and you have the resources, you make them.

I'm not sure any of it is glitching, it's just if you don't know how something works, it's very difficult to find out what you're supposed to be doing. I've figured out the encyclopedia, the assassin help etc. It just seems you can't make new weapons until quite far into the game, as it's dependant on levelling up your homestead craftsmen. Which is dependant on progressing through the sequences.

The naval battles are awesome though. I wouldn't say it's a 15 quid game, it's better than that, but if you're not a huge fan of the others this one won't change your mind.

I am actually really enjoying it, can't stop playing it. I've answered some of my own questions. Part of the problem is that some things are not made clear. For example weapons wise, upgrading your pouches etc, is all done in the economy bit. You discover the 'recipes for them, then once your weapon making buddies are good enough and you have the resources, you make them.

I'm not sure any of it is glitching, it's just if you don't know how something works, it's very difficult to find out what you're supposed to be doing. I've figured out the encyclopedia, the assassin help etc. It just seems you can't make new weapons until quite far into the game, as it's dependant on levelling up your homestead craftsmen. Which is dependant on progressing through the sequences.

The naval battles are awesome though. I wouldn't say it's a 15 quid game, it's better than that, but if you're not a huge fan of the others this one won't change your mind.

I am a big fan of them, but they seem to have grown stale and that is the issue. It offers nothing really new with each one and now they have set it in a part of history that is, well like most American post colonisation history, boring as hell and has had to be jazzed up by films and games. Why didn't they go with the other ideas they had. Saying that I did get all of the other Assassin's Creed games for about £10 each so they felt well worth it, but by Revelations it just got to the same thing, time and time again.

'FireKnife'

The American revolution sounds kinda more interesting though.

See this is the big thing that bugs me about this game, why set it in one of the most boring of periods in that era?

You could have had (also a bit later on):

French Revolution

Napoleonic Wars

English Civil War

British Empire Expansion

Conflicts in Africa

All of which would have been more interesting than a few glorified skirmishes that due to Hollywood movies have been made to look better and bigger than they ever were. It makes me laugh how all the American reviewers have been calling it amazing yet everyone else seems to be asking 'why this time period?' and I can see why. Still in regards to American Revolution BS you still have the film The Patriot that tops it off ;)

'FireKnife'

We'll I finished about 99% of the game, about 60 hours worth, and I didn't spend much time doing nothing. A couple of glitches, nothing on a Fallout scale though Haha. Didn't really impact the game at all tbh. Really enjoyed it, I didn't know much about the ins and outs of the revolution, so it was at least a little bit interesting to me. Ignoring the time period it's a good enough game to keep you interested anyway. Huge plot twist at the start made it quite interesting. I will probably sell it soon though, going by the last games, most dlc seems to be multiplayer centered which doesn't interest me.

Though i might explore some more of the proper mega fight moves yet.

Archived