VSR-10 upgrades.

layzn

Hello.

I've read the sticky, figured it's a bit outdated, and I just wanted some personal opinions from you experienced marksmen out there. :D

I will be recieving my Marui VSR-10 tomorrow. After one CQB AEG and one DMR i figured it was time.

Now, how do you guys feel about upgrading? Should i go all out with the z-trigger, full laylax etc?

I'm thinking to start out with a TBB and perhaps a 110/120( :unsure:) spring (the otherwise stock tm should handle this quite easiely right?)

Thanks in advance for opinions!

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if TM sears will take an m120.

You should probably try using it stock for a little while. Then you could try polishing the barrel and maybe a new hop rubber - though honestly TM should be ok.

There are a lot of home made mods. Shimming the hop arm, top down centre mod.

Make some barrel spacers - lots of different way to do this. I just wrapped tape around my barrel till it was tight.

A lot of people are raving about the r-hop at the moment. Maybe look into that. I will but it takes some time to set it up - nothing hard but you need to shoot, take it apart and file a bit more, then shoot etc. I don't want to take it apart at a site. As soon as I get a chance I am going to give it a go though.

You would want an IR hop - I being ice I believe ie its suitable for use in the cold. :)

---

If you do upgrade the power more I would go:

Action Army Zero Trigger (clone of the Laylax, comes with 90 degree piston)

m170 spring

Laylax sping guide stopper

That's about the minimum.

Cylinder head - not 100% necessary

Same with teflon cylinder - very expensive for what it does IMO (makes it slightly easier to cock)

----

I would stock with m170 - it is easier to cock and you don't need more than 460 to 480 anyway.

I have the action army version. Fitted ok. Just needed to file the spring guide stopper a little to get it to fit. It was a fraction of a mm too wide. Works fine so far.

I know of several others who used it fine - on another forum.

Hmm.. what about the ASPUK EZ Trigger? Never heard of any review

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using the Action Army trigger group for about 6 months now. Very pleased with it overall and would certainly recommend it to anyone upgrading their VSR (90 degree trigger mechs in general I mean).

The only issues are the lack of safety lever compatibility and the proportions of the trigger unit itself. It has a curiously light trigger pull coupled with a bizarrely small trigger. Its not a problem as such, although it does seem as though they didn't have actually have a VSR to hand when they designed it. As I say, I would still recommend it despite this.

Incidentally, I have created a trigger 'shoe' from a TM G3 AEG trigger to make it feel more to my liking. I have yet to figure out whether I can make the trigger pull any heavier.

• 6 months later...

I have been using the Action Army trigger group for about 6 months now. Very pleased with it overall and would certainly recommend it to anyone upgrading their VSR (90 degree trigger mechs in general I mean).

The only issues are the lack of safety lever compatibility and the proportions of the trigger unit itself. It has a curiously light trigger pull coupled with a bizarrely small trigger. Its not a problem as such, although it does seem as though they didn't have actually have a VSR to hand when they designed it. As I say, I would still recommend it despite this.

Incidentally, I have created a trigger 'shoe' from a TM G3 AEG trigger to make it feel more to my liking. I have yet to figure out whether I can make the trigger pull any heavier.

got a ASPUK Ez trigger eventually and have compared with laylax zero trigger, there isnt much difference really

Archived