Hi Capa Stuck at half cock

hchiyan

I have to fix Hi-Capas all the time at my job. By and large the most common problem seems to be that the leaf spring in the frame slips over the hammer components. Try just unscrewing your grip section of the frame and reseating your leaf spring making sure that the two leftmost prongs are sitting on top of the disconnector and the sear.

Ive only seen one Hi-Capa which had actually broken a hammer notch, so it seems pretty uncommon that parts will actually break on them (And they were cheapo WE Hicapas too). So, chances are the parts are fine and its just the leaf spring. Though its possible that you have a broken disconnector as well, though you would have probably noticed that. You can use one from a WE for a TM, I believe though, so it should be a cheap part to replace.

The cheaper HiCapas seem to have this problem almost constantly. I have to fix at least one of two HiCapas every time we have a game going. I think what causes it is that theres a tiny bit of play in the lower grip section of the frame since its only screwed in place. And that tiny bit of play is enough to allow the leaf spring to slip over the hammer parts when the grip is pushed forwards.

Archived