CNC Gerbox 3 ver. (From Russia with love.)

blacksmith

You can do some pretty obscene things to a decent quality cast V3 gearbox and it'll last a fair old amount of time. However, if playing with huge springs and in very cold conditions, then I can see the benefit of a CNC machined gearbox casing. I like the way that the sides of the upper are machined flat to sit snugly inside the receiver as well.

Thanks for your respond.

We have attended this production for several reasons, the first is the low quality parts appeared in the last 3-4 years, second in Russia average winter temperature is -12 Celsius and under such conditions, even with 110M gearbox may break in the thirdly, we noticed how love guns with strong springs 150-160 is what is at the AK, M4, etc., in favor of the sniper rifle 190-200M

Thanks for your respond.
We have attended this production for several reasons, the first is the low quality parts appeared in the last 3-4 years, second in Russia average winter temperature is -12 Celsius and under such conditions, even with 110M gearbox may break in the thirdly, we noticed how love guns with strong springs 150-160 is what is at the AK, M4, etc., in favor of the sniper rifle 190-200M

I am really loving the raw machined look of your gearbox there - it shows off its CNC credentials :P

Btw, allow me to, hopefully, improve your already brilliant understanding of the English language by making just a few small corrections to your grammar there comrade:

'Thanks for your responses.

We created this product for several reasons. The first being the low quality of parts which have appeared in the last 3-4 years. Secondly, in Russia the average winter temperature is -12 Celsius and under such conditions, even with an M110 spring, gearboxes may break. Thirdly, we noticed how people love to run their AKs and M4s, etc with strong springs (M150-M160) in favor of the sniper rifle 190-200M'

Hope this helps :)

That's very nice.

But given that you would use heavy springs in such a gearbox, I would recommend giving it a QD spring guide release.

There are CNC V3's out there for some time now, but a QD release would be a massive bonus, making the gearbox easy to upgrade especially when using heavy springs.

Archived