SERPA quick disconnect kits, sturdy enough?

Tw1tch

So I'm looking into grabbing a second SERPA as I need a holster for my 1911 and after having used a SERPA for the Sig it just feels right. I'm considering the quick disconnect SERPA kits too so I don't have to spend an absolute fortune on thigh platforms for each holster. Just slightly concerned on how secure the kits are, as I'd hate to lose the holster and pistol.

I figure they're fine, given BHI's intended market but you never know? Cheers.

Used them for a while, the locking system was always very solid.  Holster wasn't going anywhere unless you meant it to.

They are pretty damn chunky however and it'll make any slight swing in your drop-leg more exaggerated due to the mass of the pistol moving further from the pivot point, as well as the obvious high-profile issue.  Unscalable obstacle?  Not at all, but the G-Code RTI system can be fully integrated with SERPA holsters and platforms, even more solid, far lower profile.

No doubt cheaper to get the BHI kit over here though, so as per budget will dictate.  Most functional, slimmest option for zero cost while still using the drop-leg would just be to carry on using the screws and swap them around, only actually takes 2 minutes with a good chunky screw driver.  Just a suggestion though.

Archived