WA Beretta M84f on Green gas?

Wehrmacht54

I just ordered this gun and I've Looked everywhere. Most places seem to say the WA Beretta M84f runs on 134a, but ive always heard Western Arms pistols run just fine on Green gas. But thats been with the 45 lineup, and not the berettas that ive heard of. I hate buying 134a, green gas is always more convienient, is it ok to run Green through that pistol? Im always very careful with my guns, and really am gonna use it for target practice and as a back-up. Id be surprised if I put 1000 rounds through it in the next 6-8 months.

Im always very careful with my guns, and really am gonna use it for target practice and as a back-up. Id be surprised if I put 1000 rounds through it in the next 6-8 months.

Green gas is definitely not ok for an m84f. The problem with this gun and most of the WA beretta line up is that they have a tendency to dislodge the magazine top seal when fed high pressure gas. The m84 is also part of an older design with an extremely lightweight and not too durable slide. If it's only going to see limited use, what's the big deal in buying one or 2 cans of 134a for it?

I ordered one from Redwolf yesterday, I plan on using nothing other than 134a until maybe it gets converted with the above mentioned kit, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I can do that myself so it's average all the way I reckon.

Having read Snowman's excellent review I'm totally happy to run it on normal gas, as he said, it's such a nice gun it realkly doesn'y matter :)

Looking forward to it....

Archived