Executioner Grips

Kenworth W900

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a source for the style of grips used on the large-frame Taurus revolvers? (Raging Bull, Raging Judge, etc.)

DSC02825.JPG

A mate of mine is constructing an 'Executioner', the revolving 28-gauge handgun seen in the COD games, but he's gonna be stuck on the grips. I'm trying my best to put out feelers wherever I can in order to help with his build.

If you know any real steel or Tanaka or other sources of grips of this style then please let me know. Any help much appreciated.

I reckon your best bet will be to contact Taurus directly. Unlike many stock handgun grips, the Raging-series revolver grips are supposed to be excellent, which might explain why people are so reluctant to part with theirs - there isn't (to my knowledge) a single set on GunBroker. Taurus should be happy to sell you some; alternatively, you could try getting them secondhand from various forums. If you just want a rubberised grip to suit the large-frame Taurus revolvers (and don't need the red stripe) then Pachmayr and Hogue make various alternatives.

Indeed.  The recoil management of the stock grips is as good as you are going to get.  The only reason to change would be for aesthetics.

If you can't source a spare from Taurus or an airsoft grip, you might have to think about something like this

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_343_371&products_id=3124

Thanks for the help so far guys, much appreciate it.

For the record I have already sent out contact to Taurus regarding this. Although I only got asked to help with this a few days ago so it may take a while for them to get back to me. I sincerely hope that their customer services is nice enough to make a set available to a desperate Brit like me :P It would bring a load of credibility to the project if we could acquire an actual real steel original set of the famous red cushion stripe style grips. It would draw attention away from a few of the areas which will not stay 100% accurate to the Executioner's design.

Anyway, I'll see if I can get some pics of my mates progress with the build. I saw the cylinder yesterday and I was completely blown away by the sheer awesomeness of the project. Its size and machining detail are just spectacular - loading the shells is so cool (he's using Goblin shells). The cheeky *bramston pickle* is thinking of entering it into the 2014 ACBC which worries me because I'm getting the distinct feeling that I simply won't be able to trump him no matter what I build.

Archived