Sites of the Central Belt (Scottie-land)

FireKnife

Good morning,

So a simple one here.

Given that the Airbana Skirmish map of the UK still has about 3 defunct sites in the North East area alone can anyone tell me one what sites are available in the Central Belt of Scotland and two, what ones are actually worth going to?

I know of The Depot, Fife Wargames and Land Warriors site but what else should I look out for?

Thanks in advance,

'FireKnife'

Players of War (POW) is my home site and it's excellent. Located in High Bonnybridge, Falkirk. I marshal there and have been a member for about 5 years. (Runs the same day as FWG, Depot, LW, Fort. Other Sunday is Corvus, WGC, S8)

My other usual haunt is The Wargames Centre, indoor CQB, located on the West Coast at Ardeer, near Stevenston. It's excellent fun for pistol play. They do themed Resident Evil night games which are lots of fun, as well as bi-monthly Sunday walk-ons.

You've also got Corvus (formerly NCIS), at Riccarton on the A71 west of Edinburgh. It's a nice site and worth a visit.

There's also The Fort in Cluny, Fife. I haven't been back for about 5 years, as I didn't rate it personally, due to a lack of investment in the site.

I've played The Depot once and really enjoyed myself, albeit the green fee price is expensive for Scotland.

I played Fife Wargames once, but didn't particularly rate it. The site was young at the time though (2 years ago maybe?). Sheep everywhere and Asbestos was a concern amongst players. Not sure what it's like lately.

I've yet to play at Landwarrior's site, so cannot comment. I really need to give it a try.

Nomad at Fenwick is no longer in business. The guys now run The Depot instead, I believe.

Airsoft Asylum at Shotts was totally gash from the one visit I had about 5 years ago.

Section 8 at Allanton, is really not very good at all. Far too many hires and players overall, with head-to-head hi-cap fights, with almost zero investment made to the site, which is a real shame, as the land it's on is really nice. I've played it twice in the past 2 years and wouldn't go back. No car parking or safe zone facilities and a bit of a lazy half-arsed way of running things.

These are my personal views from my own experiences. Anybody can feel free to provide their own opinions.

Thanks.

Well I plan to visit The Depot, WGC, FWG, Corvus and POW. All of these have been given at least a few good reviews by people I know. I see that the Depot is expensive but given that it is the same price I paid for the likes of the Mall I am not to adverse to it if the cost is worth it.

The Fort I shall try and the others I might do a one off just to see how they are. If I like them then I shall stay, if I have a bad day then might skip them in favour of other sites.

'FireKnife'

So does that mean you've finally left/are leaving Aberdeen? Where are you/will you be now?

I am moving to a new job in Pitreavie Business Park outside Dunfermline on the 19th of May. Proabably going to be living near by so just checking what sites are local.

So yes in a few scant weeks Aberdeen will be behind me, yay! :P.

'FireKnife'

I've, played section 8 and nomad. Nomad was certainly the better site as it had great buildings and barricades e.g. A plane ! , so very sad to hear its out of business. I went to Section 8 2years ago , it was poor in facilities and the lack of a real safe zone or area to have lunch was annoying, but the games themselves were good fun - I quite enjoyed the ' go anywhere ' rule , and there wasnt too much high cap slaying , but when I went there was probably only 30 a side as opposed to the 80 -120 people games that scoutthedogie has brought them recently.

I've only heard good things about the depot and will hopefully make it up there this summer!

Well if you do give me a shout as bar the bank holiday week in August I am free.

Well I shall try everywhere but might give precedent to the good sites and attend the sites that have moderate or negative reviews later on.

Still means I go from one 'site' (in the loosest possible sense) and a badly run one down the road to a good 6-7 within an hour or two.

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...

Gah, every single site apart from two seems to run the same weekend and that leaves me with The Fort, Section 8 or Ardeer this weekend (and I don't fancy the drive to Ardeer this weekend :P).

Dang, well I will have to sort out a place for next weekend at The Depot and I did enjoy myself at The Fort but the only really thing that let it down was the players and not the site in the end.

Plus they did give me a M4A1 :D.

Hmm, well might just pick one of the above this weekend and take in the rest one fortnight at a time.

'FireKnife'

No it is this amazing place that exist in the middle of that country wishing to suceed in the North.

It features a beautifal capital, a large industrial city, many areas of naturally beauty nearby and a wealth of interesting people. It has everything you could need.

Also it is not an inbred pusshole called Aberdeen ;).

Plus it has a few airsoft sites, many of which I need to try but they are all on the same weekend for the most part (i.e. not the one coming up).

'FireKnife'

I don't think Ardeer is on this Sunday. It only runs when they have enough interest. They use Facebook to organise their game days. Next one is end of the month. That leaves you Section 8 to try this Sunday, of you've already done The Fort.

What was it about the players that wasn't to your liking?

I don't think Ardeer is on this Sunday. It only runs when they have enough interest. They use Facebook to organise their game days. Next one is end of the month. That leaves you Section 8 to try this Sunday, of you've already done The Fort.

What was it about the players that wasn't to your liking?

It wasn't all of the players but it was more a case of just a small group that through bad play just slowly eeked into everyone elses fun. Overall it was fun, the games did have a habit of becoming slug fests due to the way they were laid out but the rest were still good. It really just felt like if said ignorant players were not there the day would have just gone that bit smoother (the usual issue I find with sites in other words, that little group that just don't play nice but not doing it often enough to get them banned).

Well I suppose given that the weather is nice and the green fee is cheap enough I might trot on down to Section 8 as like The Fort no pre-booking for non-hire players.

However now next week I am torn between The Depot, FWG, Land Warrior and POW. However I think if it is bad weather predicted then The Depot, if not then tough choice over the rest (might go closest by drive time first which is actually POW, then LW then FWG)

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived