VCR Bill 2nd reading, good or bad!?

Number5

I'm sat watching the second reading of the VCR bill, (for link see news page) and its very unclear as to what to think about it.

there seems to be at the moment a large amount of talk on Drinking and binge drinking etc, but still some talk about replica guns and 'Air weapons'.

It is very clear that there has been no clarification between air wapons suc as 'Air rifles' (pellet guns) and BB/Airsoft replicas.

One MP, i forget her sirname, Dawn something (not very professional i know, but her comments made me soooo angry!) anyway it was to do with violent crimes involving guns and the deaths caused by them and that this was the reason a ban was needed. she then went on to mention replica weapons and the fact that when confronted by one, all you can think about is 'am i going to die'. She then went on to contradict herself by saying 'When all your worried about is 'is the gun real or not''.

So not only is the future of our sport being decided by people who have never heard of it, they clearly do not have the full picture.

positive comments have included, the expression of the need to not punish those of us who are law abiding. as Arnie said on the news page, Airsoft was mentioned and atleast it is argument, but the bill covers such a vast range of offences etc that it may be carried through without all the issues (such as the end of airsoft retailers and their loss of income, plus the liberties of all airsofters) being raised.

only the negative is being raised, and no mention of the benefitssuch as exercise, the development of team work abilities etc.

Some other good comments are about licences and sale to over 18's only, but only briefly.

MP Mr Stephen Heford, just said that 'a freely available, cheap to own bbgun was used to shoot some one in the spine which entered the persons back!?'

what could this be!? and freely available?

thsi isnt and airsoft replica, we are being misepresented by people who do not have the correct information!!!

more as more MP's get things wrong..

Number 5.

the bit about the spine thing is gay im so ###### off at the moment, he didnt say about airsoft just saying bb guns can kill and someone got out of a car and shot one of his friends in the back with a bb gun, it was more likely a c02 airpistol, not a *fruitcage* bb gun.

the complacency of the people who are deciding everyones fate is astounding!

how do these people get into office? i swear the country is run by people over 45, who seem to be so out of touch is not even funny. even those below that age act it.

(no offence to anyone over 45, im sure since your into airsoft your very cool and hip )

Ofcourse they dont care. If only sledge and havoc could send them "search" pics about airsoft! They dont know what they are talking about, they need to get their facts straight and work out that airsoft guns CANNOT pierce the skin unlike their so-called "BB guns" or air rifles/pistols. BAHHHHH HUMBUG!

Makes me so ###### off!

Chrissyg

"Existing legislation does nothing, enforcement is the key"

How true.

"Airsoft" - this guy's good. Woo.

Who is this guy speaking at the moment, about increasing proper policing? He's really good. Tory?

MPs dont do more research because they dont care, all they care about is getting paid, getting on TV, and getting promoted within the government or the opposition so they can get paid more. another thing, you dont think that all the MPs who appear to be on our side really care do you, they vote the way they are told by the party whips, if they dont they get into trouble. and it is the majority within the parliament which makjes the desicions, and guess what, at the moments thats the labour party under blair, so come november 24, bye bye imports and sales

MP Humphrey Mailins is rasing some good points, that old laws/legislations deal with those using replica guns for crime are being punished already, if only the laws were properly enforced

and he just made an awsome point about Airsofters, and young people who play with 'B and b' guns are affected badly! big up Humphrey!

he is the man!

and he has some excelent ideas aswell!

Seems to be an ongoing commentary on http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...ic=46781&st=140, link is thanks to one of their members that started a thread over here about it.. nowt to do with me. When it says "Go Away" just press "go" by address bar. (If you look at older pages it has a few detailed quotes that explain in more detail what was going on :))

Edit: Renniks was hsi name, aye.

Ms Hazel Blears.... she appears to be the enemy, again though, completly no knowledge of airsoft! or if she does, she doesnt seem to care?!

why do i get the feeling that the government are just going to methodically cut off our armsand legs (metaphorically) until we're none moving little husks, easily controlled and passified. whats next!? a ban on action man because it makes kids want to wear camo and its threatening to 5 people who live in some village somewhere! GAH it makes me soooo mad!!! :angry:

Only just got in and just caught the end of it. does anyone care to give an overall gyst?

Basically, there was some support for Airsoft, but not alot, Humphrey Mailins is obviously a great advocate of airsoft and he should be contacted further for perhaps tv opportuniites, anything to further outline Airsoft as a good safe and legal sport.

the support we got will perhaps help to clarify the bill during the debate stages over the summer, i think the best we can hope for is that allowances will be made for airsoft retailers, and that licensing will be introduced for airsoft. also selling to over 18's only was popular amongst alot of the speakers and also the intro of serial numbering guns etc.

also basically the last 5mins became about political mud slinging, proving once again that rather than fix a perfectly good set of existing leagislation (by implementing it correctly) Labour will make new (very flawed) legislation in order to score points, and be seen to be 'doing something' while actually doing very little, (other than destroying our sport and rights)

what you should know is that government is interested in its own agenda, we gave them the right to rule us how they want, we have very little power now, only labour and its massivly rich supporters have the power now.

We could definately use this to get a Lib Dem on our side I think.. and it would be great to have someone for Labour actively speak on our behalf like that.. they could be a focal point for facts and help gut us seperated from truly dangerous weapons. The more parties representatives we have that actually understand us the more widespread it will appear, then maybe more MPs will look into it.

Archived