S&T Sterling - getting the hop unit out

harborne blue

If you find out, let me know!

The front end of the receiver tube on my Beta Project one (I suspect same factory, same OEM for both that and S&T) is dished over and prevents the internal cap (that the nosepiece screws into) from coming out, and that stops the inner barrel, etc from being allowed to come forward as per the diagram once all the other screws are undone (mag well, underneath, one on front of the mechbox)

It stumped me, as it should all be so easy....

AND it gets better - you need all that to come out to release the mechbox forward enough to detach the lower part AND the upper can't go out of the back as the lower part of the tappet plate is in the way.

• 4 months later...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233604

I just took mine apart.   Its really nice.  Exactly the same as the Beta project Sterling.

I upgraded the motor to an SHS hi torque, M120 spring, runs off a 7.4v 1400mah now. 

Accuracy is amazing as it has a v-hop rubber.  It is also very quiet, much more so than an CA MP5SD with foam silencer and airbrake piston which clocks in at 63db.

One thing I did do to it, is custom installed a UV LED into the chamber.  Now for some Red glow-BBs for some of this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Archived