Krytac LVOA up for Pre-order

TheFull9

There is a difference between a "new" M4 and "not another M4"

New M4 which does something different = exciting
New RAS for M4 = cool
M4 with a new ras on the front or some nonsense trademarks= boring

I can't say I understand the persistence that your personal opinions = facts.  They do not.  If that isn't your actual stance you'll need to write in a way that indicates as such.  Calling other things that people other than you like 'boring' and seeming to flatly refuse to acknowledge that it's perfectly fine for other folks to really enjoy things you don't, is rather childish and, imvho, incredibly boring and non-contributory.  If you don't want to see 'just another M4 AEG' then don't click on threads which are quite clearly discussing that very topic, you'd be far better served to go and find something you will personally regard as fresh and interesting instead.

If we were to go by that good old' societal belief that whatever the majority of people think is held up to be 'the truth' (which I'm not for a moment suggesting is a good idea, but it's the system most of the sheep in society operate under), we would arrive at a situation whereby it was widely acknowledged that almost any new AR was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  What I've established having spent more than a decade around this community is in fact, a fact, is that the whingers are vastly just forum dwellers with incredibly niche interests inside a niche hobby, and that they represent a tiny minority of all the actual airsoft players out there.  As has been lamented by many, many people on this forum and everywhere else on the internet on thousands of occasions 'if you go to a game, all you see is a flood of M4s everywhere'.  As is very clearly demonstrated by the ways in which the vast majority of players spend their (very tight and limited) expendable income, ARs are regarded as the most cool and exciting platform overall.  Therefore, companies will continue to push them as flagship, staple products and are never going to stop doing what you would regard as 'barely different' variations on the theme, because that is what people want to buy.

Apart from all the above, it's right there in the forum rules.  If all people are going to do is whine about 'another M4' they need to simply not; plenty of the comments here fall precisely within that category.  Speaking generally, from a personal perspective, I'm so *fruitcage* sick of having to have this exact same debate with people over and over instead of being able to just get on with enjoying the aspects of airsoft that I personally enjoy and discussing them with those of a like mind.  But I *fruitcage* can't, because I post threads and they're filled up with *suitcase* in incredibly short order every damn time.

ETA - If that comes across as shouty or anything I apologise as that's not the idea, I'm just going through it a bit right now if I'm honest and this debate is so old now it's wearing rather thin.

I thought it was a given that it was an opinion and not factual - just trying to illustrate that some can be boring, some can be interesting... I even complimented this particular model in a previous post! Wires crossed on both ends perhaps?

Problem is there's no way to know, because a lot of folks genuinely do think that their personal beliefs are facts in  these matters (airofters sometimes worse than american shooters in this regards) and I can't really memorise a databank of who's policy is what if you see what I mean.  I speak to quite a lot of people on airsoft/tactical forums and sites etc (as do many of us no doubt) but personally I've only limited space in my noggin because it's already full to burst of names of slightly-differing KeyMod rails and tacticool three letter acronyms for every multicam widget under the sun.

Anyway, r.e. the original topic.

I had my pre-order in with LWA for the FG LVOA, but they called me this morning to say they're only getting in the grey versions and gave me the option between cancelling and switching; nice considering the grey is about £15 more.  However I've already bought a B5 Systems SOPMOD stock in the FG in anticipation of setting up the gun to mimic the more commonly published version of the RS, so I requested the cancellation.  Compliments to LWA for their service on this one, the guy was very polite on the phone and totally open to whichever choice I preferred.  Krytac haven't made enough to supply the UK market apparently and speaking to some of the LWA guys at SHOT there is some real mess about who actually distributes Krytac in the UK with retailers getting wildly varying responses from the manufacturers themselves.

Looking at ASGI and Evike, it would seem the FG guns are available over there, but clearly they're not coming to these shores just yet, with no predicted time of arrival currently available.  I am considering importing one myself, but I know a few guys who've actually had some badly faulty Krytac ARs (potentially fault of the UK stores bringing them in and doing modifications before sale, but no concrete evidence either way) so obviously warranty wise that is a risk.  Also RIFs are one of the few things where I'll tend to opt to buy locally because, unlike accessories and parts, British stores will often actually have the things I want at competitive prices and UK customs pay way more attention to RIF parcels than they do tac gear or little bits.

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly don't understand why wars ports guns are the price they are, they don't do anything better than say an OBR or an SR15 and hey don't have the guarentee that either comes with.

They look good il give them that but it seems to me their trying to be a lifestyle brand first and a manufacturer second. There's one or two features I like like the paracord suspension thing which seems cool and I could see a use for it. The paracord wrap on the rail makes some sense. I kind of like the design of their charging handle for example but... The ego and the attitude rub me.the wrong way.

Dropping that kind of coin I would want to run a can on the gun and they don't support anything but their muzzle device and the *rickroller* way they treat potential customers that's shown in the tee shirt they offer that is pure contempt in a top.

The krytac guns offer some interesting options and I hope them working with manufacturers continues because I really want to see legit trades and design work become a thing that's sort of standard because I would like to build stuff for airsoft just as I have my real.st7ff or would like to have my real.stuff.

I got into as for the guns so the more real the better.

Literally the main, originating feature of the LVOA is the thing they do better than KAC and LaRue.  Unless you've shot all 3 brands for thousands of rounds each, saying "they don't do anything better" is nothing but internet chatter and ignores so many possible aspects to the construction of a rifle I'm not sure where to begin.  Frankly those 2 brands look like VHS next to Netflix these days, they'd be two prime examples I'd pick as not keeping up in the AR game.  Look at them next to a Cobalt and they're completely archaic.  It's one of the fastest changing industries there is and serves an extremely discerning customer when you get to the top end i.e. elite military units (who originally asked WS to build a rifle that does what the LVOA does) and competition shooters.

The fact you think that about the T-Shirt demonstrates only to show you don't understand a long running joke (and it is just a joke from the company, nothing more).  Simply not offering a certain product on the market does not equate to a company treating their customers in a poor fashion; frankly I'd do the exact same in their shoes given the nature of the rails within their extremely specific upper builds.  If you've purchased anything from them and have some concrete evidence to submit then please do so as I'd be interested to see it, but personally I have ordered some little bits of gear from WS, communicated with them a few times and actually found their customer service to be very good indeed.  Since you refer to the helmet and rail bungees as paracord I'm going to presume you've never ordered anything from them to have any first hand experience of them as a company?

• 4 months later...

Archived