Most accurate modernized ak74

Mike Obrien

I've been looking to do a modern ak74 build, RIS type hand guard, top rail, collapsible stock etc. Though I also want it to be accurate to what a real one would look like, for instance a lot of the cheaper AK's like APS or JG are close but one thing I always notice is they have the ak47 type stock where it comes off the receiver at a downward angle. So any ideas on who I could go with or what brand AK is a good base? Internals don't matter to me, any work that needs to be done to the gun I can do myself. Thanks ahead of time.

Also side note for the base rifle I would like to stay near the 200 dollar mark, I can go up or down though if the quality difference is worth it.

Callahan_88 has a pretty good example(page 174 ak picture thread) of what I am looking for except I would keep everything black and also want a standard length barrel.

If your finances are that strict then you'll have to make compromises with regards to "most accurate".

Everything you're looking for is in this model except for the correct rear end of the receiver.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/m60/CYMA/p25781/CYMA-Metal-AK-Tactical-Assault-Rifle-AEG-w/-MOE-Stock-(Black)/product_info.html

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the CYMA 040 range. They do a number of variations of the AK74m and AK100 series rifles with different barrel lengths, rails, and stock options. They're the best "value" or budget AK IMHO. I bought a 040D recently as I have moved to Spain and needed a new replica, it shoots a very consisten 330fps with a .20g BB (taiwan gun downgraded it) and has perfectly respectable accuracy stock. You have to pay a fair bit more for an appreciable jump in quality.

Archived