"power up" barrel extensions

mimesis

I'm looking at some "barrel hiders" that come with inner barrels that extend the pistol's own inner barrel.  I assume that the inner barrel extension is usually spring-loaded to meet the end of the original barrel tightly.  But what about alignment?  If the extension barrel is sitting slightly "off" from the original one, surely this will affect the flight of the bb more than any boost it gets from the overall longer barrel.

Generally that are total . I had a VFC one and an Angry Gun one for an MP7 and MP9 both of them dropped the FPS, accuracy and range considerably. If you want that kind of set up get a regular suppressor and a full length inner barrel. 

What Bankz said, I have never had one that didn't suck, whether it was VFC, Angry Gun, NPO AEG from Russia or ACE 1 Arms, while mine did increase fps, they all affected the consistency to a point where it defeats the purpose of it entirely.

The only time I had positive experience with this sort of set up was WE's PMM, the way they did it however, is that the inner barrel extension is threaded onto the inner barrel of the gun first, before you thread on the silencer, so in affect the inner barrels becomes one, it can be done to AEGs too I'm sure if you had access to a machinist, but one's gotta ask, is there any point to go through all of that in gaining 10-20fps? 

I don't have a lot of experience with them myself, but of those I've handled they seem to have worked as advertised. The one thing I was warned about them though is that the spring that pushes the extension to the barrel has to be fairly stiff to make a proper seal and self align but this same stiffness causes abnormal wear on the hop rubber and hop chamber nubs so much so that it will eventually chew through both unless maybe some kind of sealant is applied between inner barrel and hop chamber.

The idea on paper looks bad enough for me, tried one from AngryGun for KWA MP9, brought FPS towards the point that I HAD to remove the spring loaded barrel, and grouping bigger than my PPS shotgun.

Nevermind, got it for the looks, I might just make some baffles to actually dampen the sound.

Archived