1 joule

idunno

Hi people,

wanted to bring my Fa-Mas in line with the CA's that the other guys are using (325 fps).

I borrowed a chrono and the gun is only running 264 fps standard.

Dropped a systema 90 spring and steel bushes into the box and I'm only getting 310 at the most.

Where should I look to get a bit more out of it?

Was gonna go for a 100 spring but I'm not sure if I'm missing the point somewhere!

That speed is about right for an M90 spring. You could try an M100, but your best bet is really the Systema 1 Joule spring.

Alternatively, you could get closer to the 325fps mark by adding a tightbore barrel.

Equally, turn your HOP-UP all the way off and then test. If the fps goes up massively, the HOP rubber may have worn down. Replacing it will increase your fps when correctly adjusted.

That speed is about right for an M90 spring.  You could try an M100, but your best bet is really the Systema 1 Joule spring.

Alternatively, you could get closer to the 325fps mark by adding a tightbore barrel.

Equally, turn your HOP-UP all the way off and then test.  If the fps goes up massively, the HOP rubber may have worn down.  Replacing it will increase your fps when correctly adjusted.

I was recommended the 90 spring to get the result I was after, oh well!

Wouldn't have thought the hop up is worn, the gun is only two skirmishes old.

I'll try the spring you reckon on.

I've been told the gearbox in these is pretty reliable, am I likely to reduce this by a large

factor if I up the power to the limit?

Well, when checking the "spring guide" in the article section the M90 comes along with 294.3 fps...so 310 fps is a very good result.

Stop the spring tuning as it brings power on the cost of decresing the reliability and adds little accuracy ;)

Stick to the M90 and add a tight bore barrel, Guarder silicon hopup bucking and a bearing spring guide. This should result in nearly 320 fps with much higher accuracy than the CAs come along with. And you keep your ROF.

Please don't get a systema spring, they're poo!

I have a 1j and it's go far off that my gun shoots a high fps!! so now i have to spend more time and money to go and sort it out.

You may also want to consider getting a spring guide with bearing. It makes the whole cycle more effective => +5-10 FPS, less stress on the components and slightly less energy usage. For me it seems that you shold go for an irregular Guarder spring. They are supposed to be way better that systema ones.

Archived