stryker20000

Body armor shell

I picked up a really nice new surplus French flak vest shell, this exact one: https://www.keepshooting.com/french-military-flak-vest.html and would like to in a sense puff it up more and make it slightly more ridged , especially around the shoulders if possible. I thought about using cardboard for it but I worry that if it gets wet the cardboard will get soggy and basically fall apart inside of the vest. Does any one by any chance have suggestions on what I could use besides cardboard that is ridged yet pliable?  I also thought of a cloth type material but not sure what would work best  

Thought I would also show off what I put together. Not the best era specific I believe but I feel it looks great. Tried going for a 2005 era Terre de Armee look

EFE96CB2-DB84-47D2-A059-BE1AAF730A1C.jpeg

Similar to the above, but exerciser mat foam is also very good to work with. Rigid but flexible, and easy to cut and shape.

GUEST_1807be9a-6bc3-4381-9f00-f61218d987

Good shout on the garden kneeling mats.  Much better thickness and rigidity to work with compared to roll mats.