snipers ROCK!

scithe

An Bolt Action 328fps Airsoft sniper in a large Airsoft game, can still pay for himself more than with any AEG........ I managed the site record at the now closed SAC site. Getting 18 recorded HITS with only 1 against over a 2 day game. read here for the full story:

SITE HIGH SCORE

You see the WHOLE point of a using a bolt action gun to me is that you have a HIGHER percentage chance of a FIRST round hit on an unsuspecting target. You see, to be an AIRSOFT sniper you need to do several things well.

1) SPOT or DETECT your opponent before he detects you.

2) Determine the possibility of a shot and if not, where you need to stalk to get one.

3) Hit with the first shot.

4) Stay unseen while doing all this.

5) Evade and reposition.

You see, normally if you shoot and miss the opponent will take cover and deny you your advantage. You see if he has an AEG, then his advantage is in a firefight. So the best thing to do is not get into that situation. Often if you shoot and miss, then that is it, you are best off moving off without further attracting attention to yourself.

I do not wear a giant ghillie unless on a smaller site in winter (when it can help keep you warm!). Hiding is important, but mobility is the snipers number one main weapon as with it he counters firepower and using his tactical edge, negotiates the playing field to reach the ideal firing position for a clear shot.

IN SHORT: snipers prove most effective on the flank.

At 328fps, my APS2 MK2 is more consistant and accurate than it was when running at 500fps. I dropped my gun down to this power way before the law was reread! You see at 328fps, using 0.30g and with plenty of HOP, I can get a good chance of a nice straight shot out to almost the same range as the higher powered guns........

don't believe me......... click on the link above.........

Many players prefere AEG's because quite simply; they love the romantic idea of a sniper shooting loads of targets from a prone ambush position, without detection. But without the necessary skills to realise that to be effective as an AIRSOFT SNIPER is completely different from this ideal...........

We come down to it.......... the sniper is only effective due to his cunning and skill, not his gun......... all too much talk on these forums is about guns, guns, guns........ not enough on REAL gaming skills and experiances........ only from these can players improve.......

On our old site, AEG opponents would sometimes be the ones who "SAW LITTLE ACTION" as they often never saw the guys who picked them off at various times throughout a long weekend of seeing no-one! LOL! :wide-eyed:

rant over....

......... for now.

games are compleatly diffrent to actualy beeing out there and doing it, for example imn rated as a marksman with a l85 in cadets, i can shoot like you woldnt belive, but in airsoft when i take out a aps il only get 3-5 people!

SWAT- what are you on about the ability to stop a section, or even a few people as they are unawear of your position is a key skill.

also iv known snipers at my site to take 10-20+ people a game that is 20 mins long!

best point all topic im lookin to go for an m24 and have been playing bf2 a lot and picking off tons of lil ba5tards, would that gun suit my super sniping skills?

jesus christ you're one of those little sniping poopoo heads on BF2. You could be having a really fun game dashing around, healing people, driving tanks and generally having a blast, yet you choose instead to camp somewhere and ruin people's fun with your silly little sniper rifle. Grow up and pick a real class :blink:

jesus christ you're one of those little sniping poopoo heads on BF2. You could be having a really fun game dashing around, healing people, driving tanks and generally having a blast, yet you choose instead to camp somewhere and ruin people's fun with your silly little sniper rifle. Grow up and pick a real class  :blink:

And you're an *beep*. So's he.

Sniping is not sitting in one place taking pot shots. Its a mindset, invloving stealth, accuracy, and scaring the ###### out of people.

My rifle, Sinead, is extremely quiet, and extremely effective. Its bad for the morale to be hit from nowhere. And while running around like a headless chicken can be amusing, I prefer to make one decent shot, rather than compare notches at the end of the day.

see u most be some of the noobs who jus run around like rambo "Frag hunting" all the time haha. Yes i am a sniper on bf2 but lets not get off the point, i take it u love runing around in airsoft skirmishes thinking "ohhh daves got more hits than me lemme try and get as many hits as i can" then all u hear is bang.............

ur reaction thn.. "wtf!(£"$*£$" sniping little noob, yes well its us sniping lil noobs that hurts ur frag hunting sprees :P

see u most be some of the noobs who jus run around like rambo "Frag hunting" all the time haha. Yes i am a sniper on bf2 but lets not get off the point, i take it u love runing around in airsoft skirmishes thinking "ohhh daves got more hits than me lemme try and get as many hits as i can" then all u hear is bang.............

Well it got to the stage on our old site, where SNIPERS proved so effective (my team all played like snipers where ever possible but mainly with scoped AEG's) that ALL the other players bought face viels and tried to hide as much as possible too.

The difference between your games and mine are very simple....

you play 20 minute skirmishes with noobs aplenty.

we played 2-5 day games with regular players and a low percentage of newbs.

your game would have had lots of background noise (full auto, shouting) and constant action.

our games where all about patrol work, in a still forest where every sense would be strained for hours, for the action all to be played out sometimes in only a few CRITICAL seconds.

you play in small and limiting arenas, where flanking is limited. This is a target rich environment that often have a couple of bottlenecks.

we played on massive areas 100 acre+ that tested a sniper as he had to guage where exactly the flank was. With only 10-15 targets out there (somewhere.)

your main priority was to get more HITS.

our priority was to remain in the game without getting shot.

Your score of 10-20 hits a game is believable, I've seen a sniper take out alot of a team single handed before (several times) in speedball games. It's all about the sniper's position.

I shot out a full team of 7 players (6 were newbs) as they arrived to defend a ridge. I shot 1 guy (40m running shot downhill) as I followed them to the ridge. Then flanked in quick and shot another guy 10m away just as he arrived(it was unbelievably funny, as when I hit him he jumped with shock and his G3A3 fell in half!) The nearby MARSHAL nearly gave me away trying not to laugh! LOL!

I was in the centre of the team on the ridge and the only experianced guy was starting to get them into position. So I shot him first (15m through a bush) and he could not believe he was hit and looked into the distance where the rest of my team where preparing to assault. He thought he had been hit by a super long range FLUKE and didn't even notice me as he left the game.

No one else had even noticed I was here! I had been using my APS2 MK2 and carried no pistol.

Then from here, I could see the shoulders of 2 more defenders (looking the other way) I fired and hit (20m). Only then did the second player (a girl!) realise that I was there and turn round spotting me!.

I ducked behind the ridge and moved 20m under it's cover and got behind a tree root. 30 seconds later a guy came over the ridge (he had flanked my old position) and walked out in front of me with his TMP ready. I shot him from 8m in the *albartroth*!

I moved staright away and moved 10m more along the ridge and dived in a rut. Then I heard a single shot APS firing from the ridge 0nly 5m above me. Moving up the rut carefully (in dead ground) another 5m I poked my head up slowly and was suprised to see the opposing SNIPER layed looking down to where I had been 30 seconds before. He was layed prone only 5m away, yet took me 3 shots to HIT (I could only see the top 2 inches of his torso above the cover and my feet were slipping in the muddy rutt!

Check this, he didn't even notice I was shooting at him, till the third shot got him! CRAZY! All that was left was to take out the girl......... I saw here still in the same position as earlier, so decided to take the P!SS.

I got up from the ridge and walked up across the fairly open ground (dead ferns) till only 10m away. The marshals had watched the entire thing and now winced at the shot to the poor girls *albartroth*. Please note my APS2 MK2 only ran at 320fps even back then.

The rest of her team were being delayed back from the TAG POINT (where you rejoin the game) by a couple more of my AEG wielding team mates. Now I secured the objective and called in the ASSAULT TEAM. They had to get a box that we had secured in an earlier firefight at the beginning of the game and bring it to the objective to WIN the game.

nice one.

See how in that game movement and just using 1 shot worked......... OK they were all close range shots (normally I get 50m+ shots), but with the APS I had more chance of a 1st shot hit and less noise than an AEG.

I like just using the APS Sporter by itself, as you cannot resort to FIREPOWER and therefore get more paranoid (this keeps you alert and is the main buzz of the game!) Although recently I must admit to buying an AEP (low powered for close up) but intend to only have the 1 X 30 mag. I have never owned a Gas Pistol (although bought 1 as a present for a team m8 years ago).

Hope this helps explain the difference between real and Airsoft snipers.... ;)

When a team of experianced SOFTER came along, they were completley out of their environment and just couldn't see the other local teams who stalked them. They shot only a couple of players all weekend between them! While they were firmly in last place after sustaining constant losses both days!

You see our type of game is all about having good awareness and senses..... doesn't matter what kit you've got :waggle: and how much you have spent on it.......... if you cannot spot anyone before a pellet flies out of a bush and HITS you (yet again!)

snipers rock i am not one unfortunatly. but i gotta give kudos to them cause i have been hit many a time by a sniper and not known where the shot has come from. so i suppose i'm probably just another noob waiting to be stalked!!! lol

you play like that? when i play they have to hold drop and then leave.

Sorry, not been on here a while.. didn't quite understand your answer?

What I was trying to say was that not everyone seems to take their first hit from a sniper. There seems to be a minority that assumes a hit in the back is from their own side, and that they won't take it <_<

If it's obvious that they've heard or felt it (and not as a ricochet), then I tend to aim for somewhere a little more.. fleshy. Particularly since said people tend to leave their ar*e sticking out, when ducking behind a tree.. ;)

HEH!

I've begun with airsoft not long ago, and my only gun is a Bennelli M3 long. THAT proves Bushman's idea. I'm a sniper!!! With a shotgun!!

All I do is crawl and hide, and try to get where I'm not expected so I can shoot my enemies where and when they do not expect.

And this, with a not so precise 280fps shotgun.

If I find myself face-to-face with anyone else, I'm dead. I do not have the firepower to face an AEG, still, I can get my kills when "hunting". That's why I have plans to buy a sniper as my second gun.

Its demoralising getting hit by a sniper.

At AG05 i got shot twice by what i assume to be a sniper. There was no sound, i didn't see the shooter and both shots were either upper chest or head shots.

To know that someone can put a shot on you with that much accuracy without being seen is quite worrying. Fo reference it was either rizzo or one of the guys with VSRs who did that to me.

o rly

Archived