MOA Show 2022 - VFC M249 GBB

• 11 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 10:33 AM, hitmanNo2 said:

Very good info in this vid that shows how to bypass how it's designed to operate and get it run with proper box mags.

https://youtu.be/kxwj6QbtjU4?si=TFwuPNQ9fNXqsSLd

Oh hey, thanks for sharing it. Totally forgot to post the video here.

In the two months since I uploaded that video the guns have still been going strong. There are currently four M249s in my local community, and the two most frequent users have both surpassed the 20K mark with no apparent signs of degradation.

I'm quite disappointed that the cassette mags are so half-assed, and the gas box has all the normal problems with using gas guns on full auto, but converting to AEG boxes and HPA is really, really easy and massively elevates the gun.

I should also share that since uploading the video, I've found that a Maple Leaf Wonder bucking with the stabilizer ring slightly shortened and re-bent smaller- just to create a bit of constriction, so that the BB has to be pushed through the bucking- both significantly improves accuracy and renders the nozzle standoff mod redundant. I'll probably be doing a follow-up on that.

• Like 2